Black People : Dr. Afrika on the Death of Black America part 1 of 4

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    This video was posted because the masses of our people are and have been contributing to our own demise through our own ignorance of what is and what isn't for us as a people. Do you know of any Black people with diabetes, high blood pressure, strokes, heart attacks, hardening of the arteries, obesity or other diseases? If you do, then this ones for you. If my car only properly runs or functions off of diesel fuel, I can not possibly expect it to run properly or very long if I'm sticking gas in my car!! It's going to break down...parts are going to have to be replaced and in the end the car will cease to function. We are that car!!!

2. largo

largo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +286
    A healthy diet and life style is so very important. Many of the diseases our people suffer from are completely preventable in most cases if one were to eat and live in a healthy manner. So many of us don't know what's healthy though. There needs to be more education on the subject of healthy food choices and ways to cook and healthy life style choices in our communities.

Just one note, diet is not one size fits all though. Some of us have low cholesterol and lean animal protein, fish or chicken mainly, helps keep us in the safe zone. I could probably never safely be a strict vegetarian or vegan. I do however eat plant strong and lots of raw veggies and fruit.