Downtime Friday Night Saturday Morning

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by Destee, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

We went down last night about 9 pm ET, and didn't come back up until about noon today.

This was a scheduled shutdown by the hosting company, something in the planning for sometime, but i didn't know about it. Normally, i would have posted a note so we would all be anticipating it, aware, and not concerned that something was wrong. But because i didn't know, i couldn't let you know.

I found out the same time everyone else did, when the site went down.

I should have known this was planned / happening. It's the weirdest thing, as i'm normally quite aware of what's going on with the server. Let me tell you how i got left out of the loop this time.

We've had to upgrade to several different servers over the years, and this last upgrade, i did things a little different. It is suggested by the hosting provider to have the root server email address, not hosted on the server. This way, if there is any email communication needed (when the server is down), it won't be impeded by the fact that the server is down. So, for the first time ever, i followed this advice, and used a different email address than my normal one.

In addition, i rarely get communication from the hosting provider, as we are responsible for our own server, maintaining it, etc., so over the years, they've written to me very few times. I've actually grown to not expect any communication from them.

So now that the email address is at another account, off the server ... at an account that i don't really monitor regularly (as i'm not expecting anything) ... they send news about the planned shutdown. I didn't have a clue, as i didn't see any of the emails, and i'm sure they sent many.

So i was caught completely off-guard. Once we went down, there was nothing i could do, to let you all know what was going on. I will now change that email address to my normal one, going against their suggestion, as it never caused me any problems doing it that way all the previous years. This will avoid us experiencing this same situation again.

Again ... my apologies Family ... all should be well now.

If you have any questions, i'm right here.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Thanks for clarifying. I thought for a moment the problem was on my end.

3. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    OHhhhhh....

That's what happened!?

I was thinking smaddy didn't want me around anymore. Call me paranoid all you want...my thinking was simply based on MY experiences in the world and with sharing that which I see as Truth & Rightness and I have been ostracized in the past for so doing...:SuN034:

So..I'm glad I have not off-ended anyone here to the point where i would be totally cast out of the community:qqb023:

And...I do hope to be back sharing in the "classroom" type setting again in the near future...as long as folk are interested:SuN040:

ShemHotep

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Nope Sister Spicy ... none of us could get home ... :cry:

But we're back now! :grouphug:

Destee

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister True ... you know i love you, and you know i know, you don't want no spankn'z ... lol ... but you finna get one if'n you don't stop that kinda talk and thinking! A spanking just like this ... :spank: ... :love:

My Dear Darling Sister ... we have all had bad experiences, been mistreated, let down, disappointed, walked on, all of that. We've seen such from the ones we trusted most. I'd be surprised if there is any here, who could say, they've been so abundantly blessed, that they've never felt such pain.

This is life, and we can't let it hinder our forward movement. We can't let it keep us from initially thinking positive thoughts and hopes. We just can't, for if we do, what will the end be Dear Sister? I can't even let my mind imagine that. It's all designed to kill our hope, to keep us fearful, and thinking the worst. It's a constant challenge to remain hopeful, in such circumstances as our people face collectively ... but we've got to do it.

So ... with this being said ... you gonna get a whoop'n if'n you think the worst like this again, especially about your home here, and the love we have for you. You will not be allowed to doubt it again ... :nono:

I know what you feel Sister, i've felt it too, and this community would not be here right now, if i stayed in that place ... scared to trust my people, because one or a few had hurt me. Scared because i had hard irrefutable evidence, that this did, would, and could happen. Coming from the very ones, i loved the most. But i had to shake that off Sister. I had to. Plus, every one of my Sisters and Brothers, did not deserve such scrutiny. Every single one had not hurt me. Only a select few. So i recognized that it's not fair to put that on everyone, only those who earned it.

I know you didn't ask for all of this ... lol ... and i don't really know why it's all coming, but here it is. We love you Sister True. We consider it a blessing and honor to have you with us, and i can't imagine ANYTHING being able to change that.

So if'n you don't want no whoopn'z ... :look:

I Love You Sister! :grouphug:

Ohhh ... and whenever you're ready to do your classes again, we'll be right here, as always.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

6. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Bless Up Destee....and thank you :bowdown: for your Word, Sound and Power...

The words were stated in such a way which allowed me to clearly "see" and therefore experience what you have suggested in sharing your OWN experiences, strengths and plans for the future.
    The "tone" or Sound, I heard in your words was geniune feelings of positive attachments....I also hear a playfulness in the references to A.O.V....Acts Of VIOLENCE! hehehe:SuN042: :SuN036: ...the "spankings", "whoopings"...and in that playfulness, an equally firm statement of commitment and seriousness about the relationship.

Suffice it to say, that to exhibit the Power of CONTINUING to TRUST an "other" ...in such a times as these....would in fact for me, RE~present keeping up a brave face in the face of Terrorists and Terroristic acts/BE~haviors. As I read the words they warmed my Spirit as i experienced myself approaching each new RE~lationship as If....yet and still....

To continue as you suggest I RE~serve the "right"(????) to ASK QUESTIONS....along the way....SHARE WHAT I THINK AND FEEL in relation/response/reaction to what one presents/shared in our INTER~ACTIONS and RE~ceive the same from the "other/another". That is, that they will ask questions for clarity if/when needed as opposed to assuming or ajudging that they know what i'm thinking/feeling and/or why i did/said such & such and/or what i "should" do in relation to .....

:welldone: :kiss2:

gotta run now....YeBeYHia....