Black People : Downlow commercial by Burger-King aired during Raiders game

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ru2religious, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Now many of you have probably seen the commercial but I was blown back by it. They have two black men walk up together with the black man pushed all the way up on the other black man from the back. Hes holding two burgers which is supposed to represent a extra pair of hands for the brotha brotha in the front.

They start dancing with one black woman and she said "this is kinda weird" and he said "it can get a lot weirder"- then he grabbed her cheeks while dude is still behind still getting his grind on.

The commercial implies:

1.) black women can see that someone has sugar in their tank - and is weak enough mental to still dance/date him.

2.) a portrait that black men are straight up gay or better yet bi-sexual. When he said it can get a lot weirder - it implied bi-sexual activities. Dude behind him clearly looks gay.

3.) then you have the juice chicken - perpetuating the old black people and chicken garbage.

The way that they perpetuate us is outlandish; period!!! Yet they created another commercial for white folks - you know MANLY MAN!! I mean you see probably 2 black dudes in their but it starts with a white man and ends with many - o and lets not forget the gender-ism going on in that video:

Am I the only one sees the blatant garbage that they are doing to us?

Nye

Ru2religious

2. Onyemobi

Onyemobi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Artist
    Ratings:
    +223
    That first commercial was very disturbing

3. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    R U surprised? Y?

You know what's going on.. What has gone on.. And what will continue to go on
    till you go to rest in earth. What surprises me is that even though I just said that
    To you, my own reaction is almost the same as yours.. And what I said to you
    Is really what have to keep telling my own self. It's crazy because as much as
    This self of mine knows about the who why what when and where of our plight,
    this self of mine still wants to forget and live on like none of it ever happened.
    And what kind of reaction is that? That's not gangster!! That's not revolutionary!! ( Intellectually or otherwise)..
    But, most days this is how I feel; Like I just want to try in the time I have
    left on this earth to be.. (and I hate to say it because it reminds me of Mary j bilge).. is happy..
    you know.. in my Individual life.. Even though I know that we collectively as a people are
    catching a very general kind of hell that goes by so many names it can make
    you dizzy.. nauseus.. call it white supremacy or greed or capitalism or whatever..
    even with all of that, my own life is good.. So why should I care?

but that's the rub right there! That's the choice that this life pushes you to:
    Your own welfare is placed directly up against the welfare of your group and
    you are convinced that you have to make a choice--me? or us?..
    that's how it happens.. Choose "us" and you will pay in one way or another.. mentally, emotionally,
    Physically, economically.. Etc.. The price you pay all depends on the specific form
    of your choice.. but the truth is, there really is no choice, we are us and if we
    are not moved by what happens to us, then the transformation is complete
    and we have officially become them..

Anway.. I'm not sure exactly how this is an answer to your post, but it just is.

Peace.

4. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Even with all of that, I forgot to say that the burger king video was most likely
    Created by a black person.. I'll put a thousand destee dollars on it..

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    This seems pretty out of proportion for a commercial that's just meant to be silly.

6. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    There is a reason behind everything that they do - there is nothing silly about having a grown man behind another grinding his backside; period.

Our kids watch that so-call SILLINESS as you describe it - and I don't think its appropriate for a commercial to have grown men grinding each other while asking a sista to dance with them - and o get crazy while his grabbing her butt.

You don't see a problem with a grown man having a man behind him extremely close while hes grabbing a sistas but?

So u don't see the bi-sexual (STRAIGHT UP GAYNESS) in this commercial that our child see while we are at work or sleep? You think its okay that the white man is a manly man but the black men - ... I don't even know what to say or think about your opinion on this one.

7. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    There's hardly anything sexual about the two hands commercial. In fact, children play a similar game sometimes. One child folds their arms underneath the arms of another child and pretends to be controlled by the front facing kid. The commercials that make up that little series (to sell two sandwiches) remind me of those. I guess if I were a rampant homophobe, I'd see otherwise.

On the second commercial, there's plenty of supporting minorities doing satirically manly crap in the background. I don't see what the issue is here.

8. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Hey, that all depends on where you're standing.. or sitting. If you cant see,
    perhaps you need a boost.. or a ladder.. or you could just ask the folks that are
    describing what they see, to help you understand what they are seeing.. or
    you could just sit in judgement.

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    :geek:..yall making me hungry

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Not me James in fact it just spoil my appetite from this kinda behaviorism
    we seem to can't get it what they continue to do to us , like they say if they
    get to you one way they will come anyway humanly possible.....................

What a nightmare making brother's be Burger-Queenz shame on BK.....and my
    black brother's