Black People : Down Low - Sis & Bros Speak About Men on the DL

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
I was out last night talking to this brotha from the ATL...He was suggesting that I move to ATL because of all the great black owned businesses. But I told him I wasn't trying to be rude, but I'm hearing about all the "under cover brothers" down there and didn't want to end up to find out my man was gay or bi...what have you....

There have been talk on Oprah, CBS news, and other reports of Black men on the DL...

Sure we know of women doing it too...Cheating on their man with other woman...I know of a friend who does it.

Anyways, I found these videos and wanted to share it. Share your thoughts.

Can you be with the same sex and not be gay or bi?

In this video black men talk about being on the DL

In years gone by, I had lots of gay friends - my life-long best friend was gay - frequented gay clubs, restaurants, etc. I was then and am now a "gay friendly" individual. I have gay relatives and have no qualms talking to them about their dating lives and issues specific to the gay experience.

However, I am slightly more ambivalent about homosexuality than I formerly was. I am starting to believe that some people are not organically gay; that is, for reasons that spawn the spectrum, they are opting into gay behavior. Those experiences range from incarceration to molestation to relationship disappointments to the man shortage.

If you really want to see something wild, check out the "Turned Out" series on YouTube. It shows how incarcerated men project heterosexual labels onto homosexual practices in order to normalize it to them as formerly straight men (presumably).

Yes, Atlanta is flaming, and it's not just the men, either.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back