Black People Politics : Doug Wilder, black former Virginia governor, rips Kamala Harris's church ad for McAuliffe

Thank you.
I'm no lawyer, but I don't see a crime.
How did she break the law?

The quoted text above says churches can't do such and such, or they may lose their tax-exempt status.

What did the churches do?

They can't watch a political video?

Did the churches pay for her to do the video?

But in America, white men can kill with impunity - seems that should be a crime, but it is not.

So much for my ability to spot a crime in America.

Thanks for sharing with me.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

We're in the same boat, however, here's how the news article explains it ...

“[Harris’s] video is unequivocally expressing advocacy, so charities and churches should not be involved in its production or distribution. It would be a violation of the tax code for charities and churches to do so,” said Craig Holman of Public Citizen, a government watchdog group.

We're in the same boat, however, here's how the news article explains it ...

“[Harris’s] video is unequivocally expressing advocacy, so charities and churches should not be involved in its production or distribution. It would be a violation of the tax code for charities and churches to do so,” said Craig Holman of Public Citizen, a government watchdog group.

Okay, thank you. It says they should not be involved.

Is there evidence they were involved?

Destee

Okay, thank you. It says they should not be involved.

Is there evidence they were involved?

Destee

It seems the problem is the audience the ad speaks to, churchgoers...

In the message, Harris urges churchgoers to vote for McAuliffe.
“I believe that my friend Terry McAuliffe is the leader Virginia needs at this moment,” Harris tells viewers, touting Democrats' “long track record of getting things done for the people of Virginia.”
Harris adds: “So please, vote after today’s service. And if you cannot vote today, make a plan to go vote.”
It has drawn criticism from legal and ethics experts.
Politicians have long attended Sunday services in key constituent communities in a transparent bid to court congregations. But the playing of a videotaped endorsement goes too far, said Rob Boston, senior adviser at Americans United for Separation of Church and State, and editor of Church & State magazine.

:wow: that's a low blow :facepalm:

Kamala Harris Is on Her Way to Becoming the Next Dan Quayle

f2e604c88a79a3b438199ff64aec9dbf

Photo Illustration by Thomas Levinson/Photos Getty

Matt Lewis

:wow: Jussie got us good :facepalm:

Here’s Why Kamala Didn’t Hesitate to Trust Jussie Smollett

For many progressives, the story was “too good to check”—so they didn’t.

Matt Lewis

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back