Black People Politics : Doug Wilder, black former Virginia governor, rips Kamala Harris's church ad for McAuliffe

Brother @Clyde C Coger Jr,

I found and watched the video Kamala Harris did for McAuliffe and nothing seemed wrong about it to me.

Did you see problems with it?

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Brother @Clyde C Coger Jr,

I found and watched the video Kamala Harris did for McAuliffe and nothing seemed wrong about it to me.

Did you see problems with it?

Love You!

Destee

Other than she may have broken the law, no ...

“Well, it’s very good for her to do that, causing these churches to lose their tax-exempt status,” he quipped, referring to the Johnson Amendment, a rule that prohibits 501(c)(3) organizations, such as charities and churches, from engaging in any political campaign activity. “If this is legal, then it’s surprising to me.”

Other than she may have broken the law, no ...

“Well, it’s very good for her to do that, causing these churches to lose their tax-exempt status,” he quipped, referring to the Johnson Amendment, a rule that prohibits 501(c)(3) organizations, such as charities and churches, from engaging in any political campaign activity. “If this is legal, then it’s surprising to me.”

Thank you.

How did she break the law?

The quoted text above says churches can't do such and such, or they may lose their tax-exempt status.

What did the churches do?

They can't watch a political video?

Did the churches pay for her to do the video?

I'm no lawyer, but I don't see a crime.

But in America, white men can kill with impunity - seems that should be a crime, but it is not.

So much for my ability to spot a crime in America.

Thanks for sharing with me.

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back