Black Relationships : double standard

BallOfConfusion

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 23, 2006
man I'm sick of this double standard ****! why is it okay and expected for a man to got after what he wants but if a women does it she'd desperate. Some even go as far as labeling her a stalker. Is it okay for a women to chase after a man she really has feelings for - guys do it. I know it's a big thing, "guys like to chase". I play along with that role to and it doesnt get me anywhere. How do guys feel when a women is more forward?

BallOfConfusion said:
man I'm sick of this double standard ****! why is it okay and expected for a man to got after what he wants but if a women does it she'd desperate. Some even go as far as labeling her a stalker. Is it okay for a women to chase after a man she really has feelings for - guys do it. I know it's a big thing, "guys like to chase". I play along with that role to and it doesnt get me anywhere. How do guys feel when a women is more forward?

Peace Sister

You have to think of men as beings just like women in the regards of each having their own perspective in life. By asking 'How do guys feel when a women is more forward' shows you have to step back and view that person who holds your interests as a divine being such as your self. Just as every woman doesn't think like this 'IMO women are to be sought after not the main one seeking first' lol Every man doesn't like to 'chase' So you have to figure out what he likes. (I personally would't mind at all to be the prey to some sexy hunttress out to find "THE STAFF OF GOD" I'd probably wouldn't give her too much of a challange but oh well :qqb013: ) nuff bout me As far as 'I'm sick of this double standard ****!' Good!!! that in its self shows you think outside the box and are ready to expand the parameters around your thinking. And about that role you play of 'getting chased' Right now in my perspective that role doesn't work for most other women either. I say that based on what I hear about the 'all the good ones being taken' , who do you think is taking them ? And on the other side of life, the woman playing the chasing game get played I mean preyed on by the 'dogs' This is not all cases but...... (I'll say this, some guys make chasing woman an art form and they don't take pride in getting any woman they want good ones so anybody reading this be mindful of being swept off your feet.)

Think about how you want to be treated and start from there but do consider he is probably affected by society about what his role is as a man the same as the pressure you feel as a woman it's up to you to find out how affected he is.

happy hunting
:em2300:

If nothing else wrks but you still think he is worth it, you may have to ...........
Only as a last option..............

really think the whole thing thru of what I'm about to say .............

and this is just som'em I heard..........

and make sure no one else is around when you do this..............

ok here goes.............

sneak up behind him and hit him over the head with a 40 ounce

lug him home but explain to him in a nice and very intelligent way that you only did it for his own good

make sure you unplug all your phones and just hold on to his cell phone when you explain

:qqb015:

Dear BoC

BallOfConfusion said:

:teach: There is nothing wrong with a woman going after what she wants. However, being female, it is generally not expected for you to use similar tactics as a man. I have long been an advocate, that females cant leave mating to chance. One only has to look and see the state of the black family to know that. ALL women should:

1. Know themselves. Meaning, know who you are and what you really want out of life. Dont go looking for him unless you are serious. Men know not to fall in love with fun girl. Many of you dont know that about fun guy.

2. Approach getting a suitable mate the same way they do their careers, education, a/o shopping. Determining where the kind of guys(s) you want, hang out socially, is the key.

3. Being the kind of woman the guy you want is just as important. You are not going to get a champaigne guy, if you are a Miller High Life woman! He is NOT going to step down to you, unless it's just for fun. And if you are serious, you dont want to be fun girl!!!! A guy will seldom, if ever, take fun girl home to meet mom. Fun girl = F. B.

4. It's not about YOU. It's about US!!!!! If both of you dont realize that, it's time to leave

If girl just wants to have fun, have fun. :dance1: But dont fall in love
:teach: Lesson ended

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back