DOUBLE STANDARD PARENTING/LAWS......

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by spicybrown, Mar 14, 2006.

1. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    According to the law: neglect of a minor child is punishable by possible jailtime, and your right to parent may be revoked. Why is this same law not applicable to men* who abandon their offspring? If it is, the law waits until the child support debt surpasses the $5,000 mark to even persue the MIA father. On the other hand if a mother* fails to provide adequate food, clothing and shelter, she will immediately suffer the consequences. I know the need for food, etc is more crucial than a child support payment, but in the long-run the children are neglected plain & simple. My mother stole custody of my daughter, and was collecting benefits behind my back, on top of me giving her money. My driver's liscense was suspended until every dime of $3,000 was paid off. Not to mention my tax refund check was garnished to nothing. What's going on?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    There are some deep issues going on with you and your mother
    that only you two will have to work out .......

In so many ways it is , last year the Law made a city sweep locking up
    dead beat Dad's , not only that but i saw women going in too for what I
    call careless women, these Children should not be mistreated they didn't
    ask to come here and time parents wake up and provide for these sweet jewels
    God has granted us .....

Their are so many who wish and pray for a child or can't have children
    parents have a lot to be thankful for but use and abuse it and hurt this babies.

how sad.
    the Law need a revisit and revamp!

3. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

State are like this because it is women who seek help when they have children out of wedlock and have no support to draw from. Men don't want to involve the state. The fact is the state could care less until they are summoned to get involved. Also there is a difference between the proven father of a illegitimate child abandoning the child and the father of a family abandoning his wife and child. In the eyes of the law when a man and women are not married the first thing that his to be established is paternity. Once that happens then the father is brought into the picture. Naturally a child is better off with it's mother when it is young for obvious reasons...The bottomline is the state doesn't want to be involved in these matters but when they are brought into the picture they want to make experience as unpleasant as possible....Agree or disagree that's the way it is...

Peace...

4. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Thanks guys for the feedback:)

5. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    How could she steal your child and collect?
    The only way a judge would grant her custody is if the mother were unfit.
    My exfriend lost her son to her mother because of major neglect do to her chasing behind a raggedy *** man.:mad: :mad: I'm still mad as hell about this!
    Also remember that the mother carries the child in her womb so the bond will always be closer therefore it is only natural for a mother to provide for her childeren.
    If alot of men leave and don't pay child support and the woman leaves we would have alot of black kids in the system!
    Thank God for good mothers!

6. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I wouldn't call the brother all that , it's her own mistake she got
    blind by love or some kind of thing for him that had her chasing
    why down the man for her action , did he have a gun to her head ?

I think not for the betterment of the child / children i'm happy her mom
    step in and saved this child .......I'm sure sista Spicybrown is a very good
    mother to her baby girl it's moreso an issue that they don't agree on and
    a belief .

Cursed Heart all men not bad or what your eyes my see is not the true story
    of the inside of a brother .......

7. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    lol.....how did I miss this one???

Well, first off, I am NOT an unfit mother. Secondly I never chased a man and ended up losing my daughter behind it. I don't chase men; never had to:look:. In California, a judge doesn't have to grant custody, it was my word against her word in dealing with the district attorney. Some folks just work the system with a few LIES, and with a baby involved....all hearts melt. Basically,:happens: After I had my daughter, I went back to work, yet I had trouble finding quality childcare. I literally wrote an affidavit stating that I let my mother keep my daughter for 3 weeks until provisions were made. To my surprise; as I went to get my daughter, I found out my own mother told the district attorney and social workers that I ran off and left my baby with her. A child can automatically recieve benefits due to 'neglect'. Now how was I neglecting her when I visited her every weekend, and paid my mother $100 week(plus food & diapers)? The benefits she collected behind my back were still rolling in after I had to fight to get her back. This is why I mentioned a $3,000 debt, and how it isn't fair how they came after me so quick, all the while it wasn't my fault. Let's not miss the point:read:

8. Ala

Ala Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    You know , ur right spice about this whole topic , Men should be held resposible , for the babies that tehy make , whether they run out on them or they stay , of cousre if they are staying then big upps but for these males that are out here and not doing jack Squat for their kids , they should suffer the same consiquences as mommmies do when the sh* hits the fan and theres no way out for us, and we have to depend on the state for help , men should have abandoned ment charges brought up on they ***.... Im not making a hatefillied cooment when i say this , but i aint chasin my babies daddies around no **** where , but i will have my day in court , its just only fair , ya know i have to fight for my kids , and their well being and they need all they can get even if it s from a daddy that dont want to be given it , cause he thank he wont be able to take care of his buissness, his buissnees is Kids, i feel like this about their fathers, Fu** then %$#@*&^"s, they scary first all and dont deserve to be in their lives at this point , they already aint making no kind of effort anyway

9. Ala

Ala Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Bro dont say that no more ( Its her own fault )

10. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    as well sista don't pit ever fault on brothers there are some great men
    as well women but there also are bad seeds of them both , yes i will say that
    again and again when the fault is her's by doing something wrongful

but don't get me wrong men have faults too a lot of them dead beats.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. illegitimate child destee.com