Science and Technology : Doomsday Clock Set at 5 'Til Midnight

A steam explosion is not a nuclear explosion. A steam explosion is just water vapor being compressed so much that it explodes through the material housing it. That is not the same as a nuclear explosion, and it is no where near as devastating. A steam explosion will take out a building, a nuclear explosion will take out city blocks and above. Remember, I said it will not cause a nuclear explosion. Yes the heat from the rods in meltdown can cause the water vapor (steam) to explode.

It's still an explosion though, which you seem to rule out completely, earlier, neither did you mention a steam explosion was possible:

Nuclear power plants do not explode, they meltdown. A meltdown will contaminate the soil, air, and water around the plant, but a nuclear explosion will not occur.

Hermetic, 42 minutes ago

A steam explosion will not even get beyond the housing around a nuclear power plant. It will be contained within the concrete. When I am talking about steam explosions, I am talking about under normal circumstances like a water heater explosion or the possibility of it being on a nuclear submarine or air craft carrier where there is not multiple feet of concrete to contain the steam explosion.

Also like I said, one steam explosion from a nuclear plant would not caused any catastrophic nuclear bomb level damage that some people have imagined. It will cause contamination of the air if the water vapor directly by the rods seeps out, but not explosive devastation.

So, just for you again since it may be a bit hard for you to understand, Steam explosion =/ Nuclear Explosion. The magnitude of difference between the two is similar to the difference between a fire c r a c k e r and a 1 kiloton bomb. One can at best destroy a house, the other can take out cities.

No need to explain a steam explosion or nuclear explosion, I submitted the link.

What you fail to acknowledge would be your own words, again:

Nuclear power plants do not explode, they meltdown. A meltdown will contaminate the soil, air, and water around the plant, but a nuclear explosion will not occur.

Hermetic, 42 minutes ago

So, nuclear power plants do explode ... above, you failed to mention steam explosion.

A steam explosion will not even get beyond the housing around a nuclear power plant. It will be contained within the concrete. When I am talking about steam explosions, I am talking about under normal circumstances like a water heater explosion or the possibility of it being on a nuclear submarine or air craft carrier where there is not multiple feet of concrete to contain the steam explosion.

Also like I said, one steam explosion from a nuclear plant would not caused any catastrophic nuclear bomb level damage that some people have imagined. It will cause contamination of the air if the water vapor directly by the rods seeps out, but not explosive devastation.

So, just for you again since it may be a bit hard for you to understand, Steam explosion =/ Nuclear Explosion. The magnitude of difference between the two is similar to the difference between a fire c r a c k e r and a 1 kiloton bomb. One can at best destroy a house, the other can take out cities.

I stand by my statement. Find one nuclear power plant that caused a nuclear explosion and then get back to me. Already explained what my statement was about. If you can't understand it, I submit that you need help with reading comprehension.

Your statement claims nuclear plants do not explode, but they do.

Explosions
While a nuclear reactor can never explode like an atomic bomb, an explosion can still occur...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back