Black People : Don't waste your life

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by bearwarrior, May 26, 2016.

1. bearwarrior

bearwarrior Active Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +45
    One never has quite enough moments, although we don't know this when we are young. Then, if we look ahead, we see an endless stream full of moments, so many that we could never count them and all of them available moments are growing scarce; and we wish that we had gone after them when the stream was full.
    Author Unknown

Today I was thinking about my past. I know that most of my life is gone and that my time is coming. I thought about how I lived my life. I have made many mistakes in my life. One of my biggest mistakes was to waste some of my life away. I have done a lot of things in my life. I have been a field worker, a soldier, a criminal, a boxer, a body guard and the list goes on but I wasted some of my life away. I have always known what I wanted to do with my life. I have always wanted to help people (even when I was a gang member (teenage years). Although I knew what I wanted to do I waited to long to start doing it. Yes, even when I was a body guard I was helping others but I knew I wanted to counsel people. Not to be the kind of counselor to give people advice but to be the kind of counselor that would listen to, share my experiences that might help them, and even cry with them if needed. Some of you who are reading this might be young and I would like to offer a piece of advice to you. Don't spend your time wasting it. If you know what you want in life now is the time to begin pursuing it. If you do when you get older like me you will be able to look back and smile. I am smiling because I did do what I wanted to do. Even though I am disabled I am still doing what I love doing and what I feel Creator gifted me to do.
    Written by Bear Warrior 10-23-12

• Like Like x 1
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    My dad would always tell me things similar to this.