Black Women : Don't wanna pay child support...

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Thandiwe, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Thandiwe

Thandiwe Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    many times i hear people, men complaining about unwanted pregnancies, blaming single women (yes you Kemestry) for everything that happens in the black community.
    i've advocated this before, if you don't want children, tie the penis down on your leg, keep the zipper up, and don't give away the goodies. yes, men, i'm talking to you. stop giving up the goodies.

i think men, place too much responsiblity of birth control on women. yes we have many options, the pill, the shot, now the patch and when all those fail, then men are easy to bring up abortion.

for those who don't know, by the time you know you're pregnant, the heart is beating and the embryo is starting to resemble a fetus, a human being. it is always a BEING.

years ago it was announced that a male birth control pill was being developed. however, i still can't see too many men rushing out to get their 3 months supply of pills. i can't imagine men not wanting children abstaining from sex but i also don't see them asking their doctor for THE SPOT. i was doing some reading today about birth control.

(NOW FOR THE SALES PITCH)

want to prevent or help stop male pattern baldness, clear up that adult acne, and perhaps stop some cancers such as prostrate cancer, THEN TRY THE PILL and the PATCH!

it seems the they have developed a pill and patch. it seems that the pill isn't as effective in non-asians as it is in asian males. however, researchers believe that the pill and the patch combination will be much more effective in preventing unwanted, unplanned sperm deposits (pregnancies).

in small print, taking the pill or patch can cause headaches, cramps, and the usual side effects that women may experience.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    most men don't blast woman for dis like keme said two sides
    2 a story ladies need to keep da legs out da air so one can't
    bare unwanted seeds sexuality misfit comes when they just
    to young men don't drive the hard rock just park it
    see ladies gotta say no til da tyme is right .......responsibility
    is both i see many men taking care their own in some cases
    by them self without da support

3. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    i applaud those that do, including yourself. ;) too many of those cases this is not so, and you know it. Rich.

researchers, manufacturers for years were only placing the responsibility of birth control on women. we been tortured with the IUD, children been poisoned, our bodies altered, put at risk for strokes and blood clots, those are alot of things to consider when taking birth control. however, i still don't see too many men taking the precautions of not becoming fathers. like i said, that task is usually reserved for the woman.

truth is truth.

so Rich, you willing to help test out the male BCP&P (birth control pill and patch) and help prevent all those unresponsible single woman from having unwanted and unplanned children.

being a single mother, i get really disappointed in men. if you play the game and men expect to win. sooner or later the odds are going to be against you.

and btw, ALOT of us wouldn't be here today if...

4. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    here a question for those who are willing to share

what form of birth control have you used in the past?

what form are you currently using?

how many of yall are abstinent?

are you male are female?

i konw we could predict the outcome these questions. ;)

5. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    sure why not !!
    most single female mothers
    got caught up in a wrongful mist
    and we have some males just da same
    but yes we do see females as the one
    to take the weight on the birth matters

6. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    now you know the condom is not 100% safe. so if a woman you were involve with became pregnant, then what would be your reaction?

for the record, i had used the pill when i became sexually active. that was up until i got older. i didn't like the conflicting reports about the benefits and the complications and possible effects of using the pill.

i've used condoms and the rhythm method.

and to those who may also being using the rhythm method, you starting counting from the first day of your last period. NOt the last day of your period as i once thought.

i never got the shot or the patch - because of the inconsistencies of your period, the extra weight gain, the other problems friends of mine have encountered.

so Kemetry, you willing to be part of the test group for the male birth control methods.

from what i read, it only temporarily reduces the number of sperm produced. after about 6 months of discontinuing the BC pill or patch, the male's sperm count would return to normal.

7. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    so what about a short period of time?

you also know that condoms aren't 100% effective either. they break, sometimes not correctly applied, they come off...

so i still can't get you to be part of the Destee Male Birth Control Test Group? ;) :laugh:

8. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    ohh, let's not forget...

we've got one volunteer already - Rich!

so anyone lese besides Rich and Kemestry willing to test out the Male Birth Control methods? :laugh:

(thandi thinks of the image them thinking hard about whether they remembered to take their daily dose.)

if you had the choice of the pill, the patch, a shot, the morning before pill (as opposed the the morning after pill now available for women), which would you choose?

9. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    at all cost the pill & condom is needed
    that's the way i go but da females birth control
    thang is da key !

10. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    ohh noooo, don't renege now. you've already committed to testing out the male BC methods. :)

do i need to quote you from above? ;)

here's my question. too many men sometimes feel like they are "trapped" into parenthood. male birth control seems like a better way for them to control their sperms. since many men are not likely to gie up sex entirely, this seems like a way to help prevent "unplanned" pregnancies.

so Rich, didn't you hear the pitch. this pill can prevent male pattern baldness, clear up acne and perhaps help prevent some male cancers - prostrate and testicular.

okay a question for the ladies. would you encourage your teenage son to use a male BC?

would any suggest it to their mates?