Black People : Don't Teach the Bible in Public Schools

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Goddess Auset333, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    The Corruptors, Soul, and Energy Snaggers are after our children.

goddess Isis
    -------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/3/28/151250.shtml

Don't Teach the Bible in Public Schools
    Christopher Ruddy
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Time magazine created a stir with its recent cover story entitled "Why We Should Teach the Bible in Public School."

Time's seemingly unusual stance received a great deal of attention — and some significant applause from conservative Christians.

This controversial proposal is not a wise one, however.

Time's senior religion writer David Van Biema asserts that the Bible so pervades Western culture that it is hard to consider anyone educated who doesn't have at least a passing familiarity with its key passages. And as for the church-state issue, he maintains that teaching the Bible in schools as an object of study rather than God's received word is constitutional.

On the face of it, all of this sounds good. But there are dangers lurking whenever government gets involved in religion. There is a growing tendency for religious groups to embrace government-sponsored religious activities. President Bush has embraced "faith-based initiatives."

Let's go back to the Bible in the classroom issue. Would you want public school teachers interpreting the Bible for your kids? In some schools teachers may promote the Bible because they are believing Christians. In other schools teachers with a secular humanist bent will undermine its legitimacy. The best place for faith to be taught to kids is in the home, church, and private schools.

In a similar vein, I would oppose many so-called faith-based initiatives, especially ones which link public funding with religious practice.

The White House office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives was established by President Bush through an executive order in 2001. It seeks to strengthen faith-based and community organizations.

These faith-based organizations (FBOs) are thus allowed to compete for government contracts to deliver services regardless of their religious affiliation. In fiscal 2005, more than $2.1 billion in social service grants were awarded to faith-based entities.

Already, regulations were imposed on FBOs to make sure they would pass constitutional muster in the courts. As it happens, the Bush administration is taking a laissez faire approach to these faith-based groups and reportedly few federal agencies are actively monitoring FBOs as to their compliance with federal guidelines, according to a 2006 Government Accountability Office report. And a former director of the White House office, Jim Towey, admitted in 2004 that no direct federal grants from the program had gone to a non-Christian religious group. Would Christians like it when federal funds go to Islamic groups, or Jewish groups? I doubt Americans of Islamic and Jewish faiths are pleased federal funds are given to Christian groups.

While it is true many FBOs have done wonderful work with the funds they receive, there's the danger that religious organizations could become so dependent on federal funds that they lose their independence. Already Catholic-backed organizations have seen their government funding imperiled because their faith opposes abortion, contraception, and gay adoption.

One of the greatnesses of America has been our independent and separate religious establishment. In America's great democratic experiment, we chose a different course than most of Europe where faith has become largely an institution of the state. America has been far more stable than its European counterparts for over 200 years. One reason, I believe, is that religious groups in America act as check against the power of the state.

History readily teaches us the perils societies face when church and state become too intertwined. It was, to cite one example, the Church-sanctioned "divine right of kings" precept that legitimized hereditary aristocracy and led to the likes of Louis XV. The intolerant radical Islamic regimes of today are another example. As envisioned by the framers of the Constitution, the government should be unencumbered by concerns about religion. But likewise, religion should be free from the concerns of government.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    "I AM a student of the King god Honorable Chief Osiris Akkebala, Hierophant Spiritualist, reincarnate King god Garveyite, First Way Institute Afrikan Mysticism Theology www.fwiamsrm.com and http//:myspace.com/osirisakkebala .

I AM grateful for this SEER, who breaks the Bread of Truth and Reality, with our Divine Ancestors in the Chambers of the Divine in Divinity, allowing HIS mind to wander into the ABYSS of Infinity, comprehending what He hear and see in that Divine circle that reveals the Divine Truth, and that which is Divinely Real. A teacher who slice the Bread of Truth with us, and quenches our Thirst with Reality.

A teacher who is lead and guided by the Law of the Universe and Nature, not mans concepts and ideas. A teacher whose messages cannot be found in no libraries, dictionaries, and GOOGLE searched. A teacher who teaches us how to BREAK THE CODE, To Know Thyself As Divine Soul. A teacher who shows and tells us what goes on behind the scenes of the human being mind.

A teacher who not only have a memorization, but the remembrance of our once Divine way, and how we got where we are presently, and how we must get back to our Divine mind-set.

A teacher who stays on the battlefield with the warriors asking one question from the breath next to the last breath. "Did My People Return To their Divine Minds yet?"

I bow and salute the Truth He teaches, that I Am honored to be able to overstand, that allows me to live a Divine life, free from worshipping, praising and uplifting european other gods, that is not the Afrikan Blacks true gods.

I Am free to be able to listen, recognize and honoring our Cosmic Ancestors, those that Will lead and guide us out of our wrong mind-set back into our right mind-set.

That is what A true Divine leader does for the people. You know, when the ancestors take over you just can't stop them when they do something, seven year old goddess Autumn Ashante.

I Am freer through King god Osiris teaching from the slavery/bondage of Faith, Hope, Belief, Bless...and the likes of.

I greet all of you, Brothers and Sisters, with the open greeting and departure words in honor of our Ancient Cosmic Ethereally Divine Ancestors, as we who know our selves as Divine Souls-HOTEPH-The Honorable King god Chief Elder Osiris and Honorable Marcus Garvey.

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    The Public School System has done a terrible job teaching young People, for all People for that matter for years - now you mean to tell me that as immoral and imbalanced as folks are now, they are really trying to change things? How does the Bible deal with the fact that children are being harrassed and assaulted left and right ON SCHOOL GROUNDS?

Moreover, wasn't that the same Bible used to enslave us?

KM

3. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved Mighty warrior Kwabena:

I agree.

HILY/A

goddess Isis

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    A nineteenth century syrvey of 120 Christian clergy unanymously agreed there is nothing in the Bible that prohibits slavery. In fact, the Bible commands racial slavery ( Isaiah 45:14 , Leviticus 25:44-46 ), sexual slavery (Exodus 21:7-11 ).

A man came to Jesus to heal his slave. Rather than chastise him for being a slave owner Jesus said of the man that he had not seen such great faith.

At a time when re-enslavement through the criminal injustice system and mass incarceration of Black people is a reality, it stands to reason that they would want to reinstate the Bible as a handbook for slave ownership. It actually offers guidelines for the proper and humane treatment of slaves ( Exodus 21:20,21 )

What kind of self-hatred and ignorance does it take for a Black man to defend the Bible? You be the judge.

But we must respond to this threat by continuing to spread knowledge rather than react to it with fear and shrillness. Such negative energy will only impair our ability to think clearly.

5. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    don't teach...

school is for-reading,writing,arithmatic not religion,that's what sunday school is for.

6. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    And they don't even do that. How can you teach any book to students who can't read?

7. torch

torch Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Christianity is white supremacy...you know them schools could care less how many kids abuse each other because they are counting on one of them abused kids to kill a bunch of there peers to get some "media attention" then try to make them go to school in some "1984/big brother" enviornment....