Black Men : Don't Take "No" for an Answer

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
My cousin told me she was watching the news and this woman told how she had come out of a club with some friends in the DC area when this cat came up and asked her for her phone number. She told him no and he threatened to shoot all of them.

Everybody started running then she felt a pain in her ankle. He had shot her in her ankle.

When we try to say no gently so as to save a man's ego we are accused of sending mixed messages and playing games. When we use no uncertain terms we are shot. . I know this happens a lot. Not the shooting but the ungradious way men take it when a woman says no.

Of course, no destee man would resort to such actions. But tell me, brothas how do you respond?

My cousin told me she was watching the news and this woman told how she had come out of a club with some friends in the DC area when this cat came up and asked her for her phone number. She told him no and he threatened to shoot all of them.

Everybody started running then she felt a pain in her ankle. He had shot her in her ankle.

When we try to say no gently so as to save a man's ego we are accused of sending mixed messages and playing games. When we use no uncertain terms we are shot. . I know this happens a lot. Not the shooting but the ungradious way men take it when a woman says no.

Of course, no destee man would resort to such actions. But tell me, brothas how do you respond?
If politicians are hitting crack pipes in DC who knows what so called average cats there are doing.
You will never hear that kind of foolishness in NYC

when they say and quote ( I don't take no for an answer ) there is some truth
to that upside tale .

The downside is there are some who can't accept rejection and take the word No
as a defensive fight or rejection these are men who is troubled mentally
maybe more like an sex offender who might prey on women.

I've never had a problem with accepting No for an answer or being rejected
often i have never allowed myself to come to this point because i do my homework.

I have once responded to a No, w/ a thank you for your honesty and time bye

But i can't respond for anothers action /emotions or feelings mentally
gosh i've seen the vice verse to this story as well ....nothing nice.

Back in 03/04, a friend and I were physically attacked by around SIX men, in front of a packed, glass-fronted restaurant, for daring to resist their physical advances. It saddens me that some people will exploit their own physical/sexual prowess or percieved 'domination' in this way. I'd never dream of doing that to a man!!?? Part of me feels that such men do so, simply because they know that they 'can'. I know that this is mostly likely a minority of males with some questionable values, making other, decent men look bad...

Back in 03/04, a friend and I were physically attacked by around SIX men, in front of a packed, glass-fronted restaurant, for daring to resist their physical advances. It saddens me that some people will exploit their own physical/sexual prowess or percieved 'domination' in this way. I'd never dream of doing that to a man!!?? Part of me feels that such men do so, simply because they know that they 'can'. I know that this is mostly likely a minority of males with some questionable values, making other, decent men look bad...
No offense but that also seems to be a regional ish, cause alot of Brit men like to hang out and get drunk in large groups, and either fight or harass, at least that is the perception we get here in the states

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back