Black Relationships : Don't See Myself Marrying A Black Woman

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by JaylaMaria111, Apr 13, 2008.

1. JaylaMaria111

JaylaMaria111 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
  2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I Don't see myself marrying any other then a Black woman !

when i picture myself outside who i am and where i came from it would be
    a disgrace , it's been to me that we strive outside from our black women because
    we afraid to stand up to what these strong minded women have but settle for what
    i think is a Trophy wife who will bend at your feet .

It's true that some sisters are wilder then others when it comes to clubs or outings
    but we have to look at it from another side of the coin why these women are this way

I can't have it any other way .......I Love our beautiful black sister queens

so his point is what !

3. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
  4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I honestly agree in pt.1 of the series that Black women do express an attitude
    beyond compare because most is very out spoken but still just as lovable, this
    wouldn't force me outside my race but spread my search for betterment in a black
    woman, sometime we bring the wrong approach to our sisters , in the same case
    black men will speak to another race differently and use a total different approach
    why is that !
    from what i seen and heard is they look at these other women as some higher class
    this why so many of our black women as so hostile.

Pt.2 of the series
    It's true that more often then any black women will come break a black man's back
    rip him apart and discredit him instead of building him up at the same time where these
    other race of women is just as bad with the silent treatment of not saying at all , we as men
    have place'd this kind of reaction in the hearts of many of our black women by broken
    homes / not stepping up / being fatherless to our children / disrespecting our sisters
    and many other countless acts but when we enterface with other races we act as if we
    have some kind of I.O.U thing to them
    why can't we feel the same toward our sisters!

where i disagree comes with the facts that black men just stuck in a mold and seek
    reasons to go outside when it was black men who force black women liberation

not least when we come home from a long day i agree our women don't cater to us
    like you see other race women do , but look at it this way Blacks come from a different
    creed under a different umberella we had to face and still is a struggle from birth fight off
    a self stamp lable as blacks or people of color or darker shade of skin through history
    and well known facts we have treated our women badly not all but most so they now
    have become and learn to be more defensive .

I still can't see why we should turn the other cheek and leave our race
    we have the most beautiful well hooked women who can be the back bone to our men
    if we let them and give them a respectful piece of thy self .

when he sum it up the reasons is truely a reverse order .

JMO .....peace & respect

5. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I think that Rich kinda hit on this point, there are alot of weak men out there afraid of a strong, intelligent, independent, black woman who isnt afraid to speak her mind. Now ofcourse there are some lames (women) out there as there are in any group. However Black women have been bitter towards black men in the past for various reasons. The main reason being, that for a long time many black men lacked back bone to step to the plate. This isnt the case for many black men, but good ones are shamefully few and far between. Also black women are surpassing black men when it comes to careers and education. A sad epidemic because on most college campasses where the ratio is 7 to 1, especially at black schools and much worse at white institutions. There are more black men in prison, or on the street than there are in college. It is becoming increasingly harder to find black men who are accomplished and can handle a sucessful black woman with a career of her own, which leads to another increasing statistic; black women who marry outside of their race.
    I love black men I wont give up on them just yet, but I have found that men from the Islands and Africa are in many ways different than american men, which is why I am more comfortable with them but thats just my opinion.

6. JaylaMaria111

Ratings:
    +3
    I watched the first video, about how the black guy who dates outside of his race thinks black women are confrontational and aggressive moreso than any other races. And he says this is why a lot of black men date outside their race. But that is soo untrue. Because all of my life, I have been quiet, and softspoken, and I do not fit the definition of the "finger snapping and neck rolling" type of black woman..some have even been surprised that I grew up in an all black environment and attended a predominantly Black public school because I don't fit this ghetto stereotype..

and black guys have jumped over me to get to the "hoodrats". It's really the type of women they chose to date, or the kind of sistas they are attracting. Now, I know they will debate me and say "no all of you are like that I've tried to find quiet women who weren't loud" yada yada yada but they are lying.

7. JaylaMaria111

Ratings:
    +3
    Have you been in a relationship with a black and non black woman to make this assessment? I am kinda offended by your statement here. It's the same ol stereotype about black women...when men of other races complain about the same thing too. You don't know how many times I've heard men nag about how their wife doesn't have dinner when they come home from work, or how their wife does nothing but nag and is very unsupportive of them. These are issues all races face across the board

8. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    I'll Be Back, smh

I actually responded to him...(dont know if he was worth it, guess so).. smh Some more

9. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Maybe I'm just a bit biased (I've been married to my wife for a month of Sundays and have a wonderful family), but why would anyone want to marry any other woman but a black woman? I guess that's why whenever I see something like this, I simply can't understand it. There's just something extra with a black woman, and any brother that can't see that is gonna be missing out.

10. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    *sigh*... this is "nothing new."