Brother AACOOLDRE : Dont ride the Black Horse in Rev 6:5

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Apr 16, 2016.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    IF YOU WANT TO RIDE DON’T RIDE THE BLACK HORSE

By Andre Austin

Joe Atwill & I have arrived at the same conclusion that the Black Horse in Rev 6:5 is Paul talking through the beast. I arrived at this from a different path than Atwill. I picked up on several clues that Atwill overlooked. The bible writers were writing in a code called Typology, basing one character upon another. Once you got this clue, the skill of deciphering would enable you to link A to B. For example when scales drop from Paul’s eyes he’s immediately hungry and desires to eat food (Acts 9:18-19). The alert reader can see the parallel in Revelations 6 of scales being associated with a food crisis with a talking horse. The link is clinched in when you discover that the letters of James, Jude & 2 Peter lampoon Paul as a Horse/Donkey by their allusion to Psalms 32 & Proverbs 26. This lampooning was done because Paul curse Moses law and James’ followers for keeping circumcision and the dietary laws.

Here is a brief except of Atwill’s link with Paul response to this famine, the Black Horse & the Emperor Domitian.

Keep in mind the Black Horse represents famine and Paul is the only character in the NT that travels with a small group on a famine relief mission with barnabas in 45/46AD (Acts 11:28) and has new scales of Mose’s law in his right and left hand as a weapon (2 Corinthians 6:5-7). In fact, being a solider in Christ, enduring this new law will help in part to deal with hungry being imposed upon you as a weapon.

“The third seal of revelations chapter 6 describes a horseman carrying a set of scales which for some reason caused one of the living creatures that surrounds the Lord god to sate: “A quart of wheat for a day’s wages and three quarts of barley for a day’s wages and do not damage the oil and wine”

5. when the lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come’ I looked, and there before me was a Black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.

6. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a day’s wages and three quarts of barley for a day’s wages and do not damage the oil and wine!” (Revelations 6:5-6).

Through the connections between the above passage from Revelations and following passage from [Roman Historian] Suetonius has escaped noticed, they are clear. Irrespective of my interpretation, there are simply too many concepts that are in alignment within the passages for their connections to have come about by circumstance.

In the paragraph, Suetonius noted that Domitian had increased the pay of soldiers from 9 to 12 gold coins a year (the reader is required to recognize that 3 is to 4 as 9 is to 12), which is why the living creature made the odd response when he saw the rider with a scale. In other words, the Black horseman again represents the power of Emperor Domitian; whose soldiers could now buy the precise increase in weights of grain mentioned in Revelation with their new wages.

Once upon the occasion of a plentiful wine crop, attended with a scarcity of grain (92/93AD), he made an edict forbidding anyone to plant more vines in Italy and ordering that the vineyards in the provinces be cut down, Domitian also raised the legionaries pay from nine to 12 gold pieces a year (Suetonius, Domitian, 7).

These two related passages are linked to the one that describes Paul’s third seal.

If Iam not an apostle to others, yet doubtless Iam to you. For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord. (1 Cor 9:2)

The linkage between Suetonius passage and 1 Cor 9 is witty and describes a question and answer session between Domitian and his slave Paul. To see the meaning a reader must first recognize that 1 Cor describe Paul third seal. Next, the parallel concepts between 1 Cor 9:2, Revelation and Suetonius must be identified. Some are transparent, while others require an act of cognition by the reader.

The key to seeing these concepts is recognizing that Paul’s question in 1 Cor 9 are being answered by Suetonius statements in his short paragraph. The exchange between Paul and Suetonius continues the real theme of the four horsemen; depicting the various powers of Domitian.

Thus, when paul asks in [1 Cor 9: 1-23] “have we not the power to eat and drink?”

Suetonius replied: “he did away with the distribution of food to the people”

Paul ask: Or only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working?

To which Suetonius answered: “He made an edict forbidding anyone to plant vines in Italy

Paul asked: Who ever serves as a soldier at his own wage

To which Suetonius answered. “he increased the pay of the soldiers by one forth, by the addition of three gold pieces each year…

Paul asks: for it is written in the law of Moses, “you shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain”. Is it oxen God is concerned about. Or does he say it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written, that he who plows should plow in hope, and he who threshes in hope should partaker of his hope.

See Shakespeare’s Secret messiah By Joe Atwill p.348-350.