Black Sports : Don't Mess with Texas

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by MANASIAC, Jan 5, 2006.

1. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Dem Durty Boys finally defeated the Overrated team out of California USC.

I truly believe that Auburn would have beat them that first year, however the second year they won out-right.

It is in my opinion that the Pac-10 as a Conference sucks booty. That conference is as good as the Conference USA. However the Big 12 is looking really bad too. There are not that many good teams in the Big 12.

So where do you guys think the next national championship team will come from?

In my opinion, if we could ever get it right. The SEC.

2. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    On USC - I think in that first year LSU was the better team and I think last year with Jason Campbell, Cadillac Williams, stoudt defense....it would've been a good game if USC had to play Auburn. Don't know who would've won but it would not have been a blowout.

SEC used to clearly have the best athletes and maybe they still have a little edge but SEC don't have up to date offenses anymore so they have problems when they step out against teams that can mix it up with spread-style and power. It's still the best conference top to bottom though - it's only 3 or 4 pansies and some years less than that.

I agree Big 12 is top heavy too, you only got 2 top tier teams and 2-3 mid-level ones and the rest booty.

I hate to say it - but Big 10 is the truth these days. I honestly think Penn St or Ohio St. could've beaten USC or Texas playing the way they were at year's end. Ohio St. only lost to Texas cause their silly coach kept putting that white boy in at QB instead of leaving the game in Troy Smith's hands.

3. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    The Big 10 looks really nice. But you know LSU was the BCS Champion in 03 and that there was a split, because USC was the AP Champion that year. That 04 year was the year that USC dodged Auburn, that is the reason why I site it as the first year, that was the first year they won a championship outright.

4. kemetkind

Ratings:
    +61

Yeah you right last year was first they won outright but I still think Auburn got shafted - it should've been split last year too. They went 13-0 through the SEC!

Everyone was so convinced USC was champs because of the way they blew out OU. But OU was only a mid-level team cause they came out of a REAL weak big 12 last year where Adrian petersen ran through holes 5 yards wide all year....SEC was way stronger last year than this year and that Auburn team had 3 first rounders in the back field (cadillac, r.johnson, jason campbell) and a top 5 defense.

I'm just so tired of the BCS and wish we could get a real champ tourney.

5. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I feel you on that point Kemet.

You know a playoff system would be nice, but there is too much opposition to that (Especially from the school because they make alot of money off of bowl games).

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Texas was stronger this rip over USC but i think the next title
    will come to a Big 10 team Ohio st. is pack with talent as well Penn st.
    but the SEC will not be pushed over i really think Ohio St. could have won
    over Texas or USC.

7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Ohio state will win next year. i cant wait til my buckeyes get some revenge on them bbq rib eating texans. ted gin will run all over texas. manasiac - oregon really should have played osu in the fiesta bowl. it was politics and t.v. that put notre-kkk-dame in the bowl.

8. kemetkind

Ratings:
    +61

Shoot oregon better be lucky they didn't get in there with osu....they shoulda been blown out by OU (game wasn't as close as the score) and OU was TERRIBLE this year. Pac-10 just weak man I'm sorry they (Oregon) showed they didn't deserve a BCS bowl. Until recently Big 10 was right there with them always getting toasted come bowl season.

On next season OSU-UT - I dunno - Is Vince coming back? Are all them crazy white boy Linebackers with sub 4.5 speed and long hair Seniors already? If so OSU might as well stay in columbus - no need coming down here at all...LOL.

9. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    lol
    them long haired wht lbs are seniors theyll probably go to the league. as for oregon i was just going off of wht was said on espn. the pac ten is weak. If v. young dont pro he is foolish. his stock is higher than ever and he could get injured next year. their hair was long in memory of Pat Tilman you know, that idiot white boy who decided to go jump infront of some missles instead of make millions to play a sport. example of how the media can screw up ones mind

peace