Black Spirituality Religion : DON'T LINE UP WITH SCRIPTURE ?!!

Keita Kenyatta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
[SIZE=3]I just finished reading a post about the so called Essene, and in the post there was a reply about things not lining up with the Scripture. Of course I wouldn't call names cause that's not actually polite. So let me state this to be another fact.

In 1720 there were at least 20,000 errors found in the Bible. By 1952 Look Magazine ran a story whereby 50,000 errors were found in the Bible. This is quite amazing in itself ! I wouldn't care if it was only 1,000 errors. The truth of the matter is that the Scriptures DON'T EVEN LINE UP WITH ITSELF ! IT DOES NOT MATTER IF IT'S QU'RAN OR BIBLE.

We can call it human error, we can call it misprint, misinterpretation or anything else we want to. The books are in error and we live our lives by them which makes us in error with the books.

I used to believe in Jesus too and that the Bible was God's Word. Suddenly I see in Isaiah 43:11 " I am the Lord, and beside me there is no saviour".

Then I see in Isaiah 45:22 " Look unto me and be ye saved, all the end of the earth ! For I am God, and there is none else".

Suddenly I see in Mark 10:18 the very words of the one who was my fake saviour telling me: " Why callest thou me good, there is none good but one, that is God."

Common sense told me right then that Jesus wasn't the one. If Jesus was worshipping God, then that's who I was supposed to worship. If Jesus called out God's name, then that's whose name I'm supposed to call out. If jesus admitted to me "HE WAS NOT GOOD", THEN THAT PLACED HIM IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME. HE WAS NOT PERFECT AND NEITHER AM I. THEREFORE WITH JESUS NOT BEING GOOD OR PERFECT, HE WAS NOT THE ONE I SHOULD BE FOLLOWING.

So, the bottom line is that the pot can't call the kettle black and the imperfect can not continue to follow the imperfect. Those who admit that they are not good can not lead those who strive to be good. Am I making any sense here? Maybe too much !!

More to come !!
[/SIZE]

Keita said:
[SIZE=3]I just finished reading a post about the so called Essene, and in the post there was a reply about things not lining up with the Scripture. Of course I wouldn't call names cause that's not actually polite. So let me state this to be another fact.

In 1720 there were at least 20,000 errors found in the Bible. By 1952 Look Magazine ran a story whereby 50,000 errors were found in the Bible. This is quite amazing in itself ! I wouldn't care if it was only 1,000 errors. The truth of the matter is that the Scriptures DON'T EVEN LINE UP WITH ITSELF ! IT DOES NOT MATTER IF IT'S QU'RAN OR BIBLE.

We can call it human error, we can call it misprint, misinterpretation or anything else we want to. The books are in error and we live our lives by them which makes us in error with the books.

I used to believe in Jesus too and that the Bible was God's Word. Suddenly I see in Isaiah 43:11 " I am the Lord, and beside me there is no saviour".

Then I see in Isaiah 45:22 " Look unto me and be ye saved, all the end of the earth ! For I am God, and there is none else".

Suddenly I see in Mark 10:18 the very words of the one who was my fake saviour telling me: " Why callest thou me good, there is none good but one, that is God."

Common sense told me right then that Jesus wasn't the one. If Jesus was worshipping God, then that's who I was supposed to worship. If Jesus called out God's name, then that's whose name I'm supposed to call out. If jesus admitted to me "HE WAS NOT GOOD", THEN THAT PLACED HIM IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME. HE WAS NOT PERFECT AND NEITHER AM I. THEREFORE WITH JESUS NOT BEING GOOD OR PERFECT, HE WAS NOT THE ONE I SHOULD BE FOLLOWING.

So, the bottom line is that the pot can't call the kettle black and the imperfect can not continue to follow the imperfect. Those who admit that they are not good can not lead those who strive to be good. Am I making any sense here? Maybe too much !!

More to come !!
[/SIZE]

Excellent thread!

Of course I wouldn't call names cause that's not actually polite. So let me state this to be another fact.

Laughinggggggggggg.I'm not shy about calling names and neither should you be :) Go ahead and say it. Oh gosh, I;ll just quit beating around the bush and say it. It was MIZLINDALINDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Will wait until you finish this before I give a serious reply, and I do agree, this is an excellent thread.

Keita said:

Keita said:

you have lack of knowledge and understanding so you perish.
God is THE Saviour so by what perfect means could He save? lf you know tell me.

When you have a chance, check out Hebrews Ch.1, John Ch.1-14, etc...

Keita said:

Jesus replied to a question from a rich young man and it went " Good Teacher, what must l do to inherit eternal life? "

lt is much more to this reference than meets your eye. ln any dialogue or conversation Jesus was a mastermind of knowing the other person's way of thinking. You must ask yourself if this young man thought way too lightly on what was "good" ...and you must know the difference between what Jesus knew as "good" and what the young man didn't know as "good".

there are many teachers but one God. Jesus gave him a new perspective on what, or even better, who[/U[ is "good". There are some bad teachers so "good" becomes an allotted category, a single titleship for God since there is nothing bad about Him. Now since Jesus was perfect, without sin, then he was better than good, right? So this reference of Mark 10:18 was to give this young man a new, healthy understanding on what was good.
ln other passages you will find that Jesus accepts being called God, Saviour, Redeemer, etc... Mark 10:18 is not Jesus trying to convince this man that he is not good but much more- that heis God- incomparable to the many teachers, in his own authority... and l promise you this young man was convicted by Jesus like no other b/c good teachers will never tell you to sell everything and follow them, only God. l know that you will have a difficult time understanding this.

Keita said:

Jesus had no sin so if that's not perfect, what is? Or can you find out of 7,000 contradictions in the Bible where Jesus did sin?
l know no other who could say what he said, did what he did, lived sinless as he lived and is the center of every believer and non-believer's thread and can not be good, but you have to open your spiritual eye.

l

Keita said:

You said you can not follow the imperfect. l agree b/c l can't either. God only being perfect has to lead by perfect example so what/who has he given you a perfect example or do you just "manage" in this imperfect world?
lemme know.

Keita said:
More to come !!
Keita said:

More what?? :confused:

Okay j'hiah or any other curious person who might wonder as to why I answered the thread the way I did. I first advise you to go and read the thread entitled; "No Religious Book Can Be Trusted". Only then, if you're objective and have a free and balanced thought process, can you understand why I said what I said.

To speak with me as if the books you're reading from are authentic is the first mistake. The second one is in not being able to verify how and why you think those books are real and truthful. The third is in understanding that Jesus and his followers were not Greek and did not speak Greek...so where are the supposed original Aramaic writings that the New Testament was supposedly taken from?

The fourth mistake is in reading the books and failing to see that the books are written in a third person. In other words, the very persons that the books claim to be from are not the authors. With that being the case, just WHO ARE THE MYSTERIOUS AUTHORS THAT I'M SUPPOSED TO TRUST AS BEING HONEST? Mistake number five is in not reading the PREVIOUS 16 BIBLES BEFORE THE KING JAMES VERSION FOR COMPARISON.

Mistake number six is in ignoring the history and the writings of that time period to see what thay had to say concerning this supposed Jesus. Also, ones failure to read the writings of the supposed FOUNDING FATHERS OF CHRISTIANITY IN REFERENCE TO THESE BOOKS IS A CRITICAL MISTAKE MANY OFTEN MAKE.

Mistake number seven is in our failure as a people to read the history of our own people before, during and after this time period in order to understand if what we have is true, what the political and historical climate was at that time in regard to us as a people, and of the possibility that the books we now read from could be forgeries from much earlier writings.

Now being that there are many people in the bible named Jesus and Christ is a title and not a last name, what Jesus could you possibly be talking about? Did anyone tell you that a Jesus cult existed in 100 b.c. long before the one in the Bible was supposedly born? Did anyone tell you that the first person described in the bible as perfect, upright and blamless was not Jesus?

Are you sure you want to dance with me? I already have someone I'm holding hands with, but she might be polite enough to allow you to cut in if that's what you want? I personally have no problem with that.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back