Black People : Don't know if this helps but..

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Wisdom7, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I think we should hold our local news stations accountable for the messages they are sending out regarding Katrina. I have sent some emails to all my local stations questioning them as to why they have not placed any attention on the interview with Secretary of Homeland regarding the knowledge of Katrina 4 years ago. I also pasted a copy of the transcript.

I ask them why they are exploiting the suffering and desparation of black people and ignoring the fact that the government caused it.

I also asked that they not insult our intelligence in the near future and begin to imply that these black people will be the cause of an economic crisis when we have the proof it's the governments fault

We already know the answers why they are doing this and it may sound stupid for me to question them, but I am really sending them the message that we are aware.

Maybe it will help and maybe it won't but we can't let them gloss over that interview.

2. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    now wisdom.. id be happy to foward your words to my local news stations as well.. im inquisitive as to what the response would be.

3. Wisdom7

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Poeticmanifesta,
    I forwarded a copy of the transcript with the interview along with the words. I already know why. The point is, is that they don't know that we know and if I have to keep sending the emails to get a response I will. But to sit back and let them continuously feed images of our people as looters and murderers etc., to incite even more racism and start slanting the news with how much of an expense this is, wouldn't be right. All I can say is I tried, but I'm not going to just let it happen. Because they are setting the stage for the future mindset in this society. It is already jacked up, but the blame needs to be shifted were it belongs.

Peace and Love

4. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    :geek: [email protected]

5. Wisdom7

Ratings:
    +7
    I'm sorry Poetic, I didn't know you were telling me to send it to you. If you think it needed something extra or take something out post it for me.

Peace and love Wisdom