The Front Porch : Don't Get Lost In The Matrix!

IMO, the biggest threat to us is the mainstream media as stated, and in all forms.

You stated:

'Broken'?

Redefined, as regards regards reacting or overreacting, as hyped as allegedly siding with the exploited and oppressed, etc., now going overboard, to advance the agendas of our exploiters/oppressors, etc.

You wrote:

The mainstream media is fundamentally broken in America, and has been for a long time.

Above and beyond that:

We as a whole has told the media that we want sensationalism to keep us entertained,

Personal self interest vs. a shared class/social/etc. consciousness, both as regards whites/other ethnic/racial/etc. groups (and even other blacks)!

and fearmongering to keep the blacks and browns in check.

Part of the same agenda etc.

I. e., along with contain and control, also divide and rule, etc.

Show me a middle or upper class white community that looked the way Ferguson did a month or so ago. Look at how the whites rallied around the cop to protect him and help him stay unarrested. Our news outlets are now playing up topics that sell papers, subscriptions, related books, or even investment opportunities. Yes, they have a phone app that steers whites clear of black neighborhoods

Money is at the core of it, money and power..

Even you got it half right, i. e., another case study any new movement has to advance the best interests of all progressives, regardless their ethnic/racial/etc. background(s), too...

Lastly:

Here is the app, and look what inspired it.

No disrespect, but even you should know and understand why the alleged or real afrocentrics dwell on race, i. e., as in continue to allege being separate from--not a part of, any new arrangement, aka a truly multiracial nation...

You just can't be all things to all blacks, since some presume to speak for all of us, and that gets proven to be false, hence they have nothing new to offer, waning support from any of our exploiter and oppressed people, therefore they berate and chide, reveal their defeatist and fatalistic viewpoints, etc.

FYI

It Seems D.C. Was Inspiration Behind Icky Sketch Factor App

Peace!

I prefer to say don't get lost in the Patrix but find the Matrix which is where we actually belong. The labels have been changed to protect the guilty!

It is the common use of the word aka 'Matrix' I'm referring to...

And if you do disagree, please don't make up your own, aka Patrix, or just start your own thread, then do take it from there...

Thanks in advance!

FYI

My comments are just that, me not pretending to be an 'expert' on the present day internet etc.

I. e., what I'm attempting to bring to your attention, are the new means/ways/etc. people of certain class/educational/social/etc. backgrounds, strive to counter our use (not misuse) of these new options, to empower ourselves, as the numbers of outsiders grow as big as the alleged or true insiders....

And, to me, all of this is related to Bush Senior's stint as the U. S. President, back when he drew his alleged 'line in the sand'...

His son was even more blunt:

"You're either with us...(or not)!"

Not only was mainstream press coverage blatantly biased: Most of the new reporters were more or less spectators etc.

Flashforward and even public (non commercial) radio/tv/etc. are tacit supporters of what the private and public powers that be would have us to believe, not always is the truth...

In the case of this nation's brown and black folk, indigenous related or not:

It is the nature of even making it difficult (if not impossible) to help present a balanced viewpoint on the issues/problems/etc. of the here and now...

It is not just about white racist team mascots nor individuals who reveal how much some whites takes are relics of the past:

It is also about one sided viewpoints of what me and mine, you and yours might or might not do, if things don't please (pacify) us, i. e., be it outcomes of grand juries, or myths that whites tend to accept as the truth, aka jobs etc. from the building of transnational oil pipelines...

The Big Lies have morphed:

And we here also need and I want us to know why!

More forthcoming...

FYI

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back