Black Weight Loss : Don't Eat Past THIS Hour ?

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Destee, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've heard that we should not be eating late into the night. There is a certain hour, 5, 6, 7 or something PM, that we should no longer be eating food.

Do you know the hour and why this is?

What hour do you choose for yourself? I don't really have an hour yet, but I guess I better get one!

Please share with us.

:heart:

Destee

2. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    From my understanding, it depends on what time you plan on going to bed. It's not good to lay down or sleep on a stomach that has un broken down food in it. The body breaks down food better when the body is moving. I imagine if one is going to be sexually active before one goes to sleep, that it will be okay to go to bed with un broken down food on the stomach becuase it will get broken down from the sexual excersize... Hehehe

I try not to eat past 6pm, usually I don't have anything heavy after that hour, maybe something to drink or some fruit, but nothing heavy. I don't feel good, in fact I feel a bit slobbish and sluggish if I get into bed with a full stomach.

Astrologer4U

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    lol Sister Astrologer4U ... i wish someone would try to have sex with me and my stomach is full! :getout:

:lol:

oh gosh ... see how we do ... we so krazee ... i love us! :grouphug:

Thank you for the tips Sister ... 6 pm sounds like a good hour to stop.

I'm going to try and let today be my 24 hour fast day, since I've not eaten anything yet, and feel my way on this particular part of the plan.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

4. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    hey destee,you said[6pm???]opps it's after midnight i will stop this eating as soon as i finish this pork chop[ummmmm].

5. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    6 pm is the best... especially when you wake up early. If you have a Sun up-Sun down diet, you will not fail

I was actually very strict on mine for a while, but being around the eat all day anytime christians, I have slightly swayed. I need to get it back. Now I sometimes want a small snack. That is not cutting it though.

Of course in the world of work, it is hard to catch a 5pm meal, but make an attempt to stay close to six...hey you may need to sacrifice that delightful 5 course dinner for health sake. If you are unable to eat dinner before six pm. Make what you want for dinner and bring it for lunch, have even a harty lunch so you will ot feel like you are not eating well due to lack of time.

If you are a 3rd shift worker...it is so important for you to eat during dayrime hours. I know it is so hard doing those hours but if you can have dinner at a decent time and then when you get off of work have breakfast. Train yourself to not go straight to sleep when you get home (eating and sleeping). Eat, do some needed errands or duties, then sleep. You need to conform your diet to your hours. such as 8 to 8, 11-seven, 12-8, etc. if you go to work at 12 eat dinner at 4 rest and go. (you may need to section sleeping. Take some nuts to work instead of a full meal or nother filling snack (fruit is always good sept for the sugar). If you work an 8-8 schedule, you need to be prepared to eat and go to work. if you sit down....DO NOT take dinner to work. Maybe bring a buckett of oatmeal or something cookable for breakfast time (6am). Oatmeal and fuit. If you have a stove at work then you can cook whatever (healthy) that you want.

That is it for right now.

I need to study.

6. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Greetings.....
    In keeping with this line of thinking, I've learned recently from a Nutritionist to follow the "2 hr. rule". That rule suggest eating within 2 hrs. of arising and 2 hr. prior to going to bed.

The body needs food or sustenance in the morning. The best thing to have when breaking your fast is fruit, fruit juice AFTER water. Water is best upon rising.

Also, the largest meal of the day does a body best if it is the largest meal of the day. Between the hrs. of 10 am and 2 pm is when the body is most primed to burn and utilize the nutrients given. A light dinner....at least 2 hrs. before bed and PLENTY of sexcercise a day and the pounds will melt away.

M.E.
    :hearts2:

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,742
    i do not eat anything at all after about 8 PM.

8. Pharoethegreatest

Pharoethegreatest Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Varies for me. I try not to eat past 7pm. If I do, it'll be something light.

9. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    your body does not really know the difference. it really depends on your sleep schedule. like if you sleep doing the day, but have to work at night, then you will have to reconfigure when the cut off time to eat is. so it's safer to say not to eat a heavy meal 2 to 3 hours prior to bed time.

10. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    I don't eat a meal after 6pm.
    May have s snack of raw carrots, Apple or both before bedtime.