Black People Politics : don't buy koch......

Here's another important image

1471884_649051491812916_1538266180_n.png

Last edited:

For those who have never even heard their names ---- the Koch brothers are NOT hard-working entrepreneurs who made it big. No, they INHERITED their money from their father (or grandfather - forget which). That said, the Koch brothers fund the Tea Party. They hate Obama and are against everything black and everyone black, including Obama's foil, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. In fact, name the prominent black person and the Koch Brothers are out to get them. Someone gave me a list of the different industries they own, but unfortunately, I lost it. But believe me, pretty much everybody has something made by Koch Industries in their home (my fav toilet paper -Northern Quilted.... which I must now no longer buy, is on the list
cry.gif
).

ADDENDUM:

Found them:

With his brother Charles, who is seventy-four, David Koch owns virtually all of Koch Industries, a conglomerate, headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, whose annual revenues are estimated to be a hundred billion dollars. The company has grown spectacularly since their father, Fred, died, in 1967, and the brothers took charge. The Kochs operate oil refineries in Alaska, Texas, and Minnesota, and control some four thousand miles of pipeline. Koch Industries owns Brawny paper towels, Dixie cups, Georgia-Pacific lumber, Stainmaster carpet, and Lycra, among other products. Forbes ranks it as the second-largest private company in the country, after Cargill

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/08/30/100830fa_fact_mayer#ixzz1K7AKx6JS

Thanks for the reminder, James.

Got this from Change.org:

Overview Letter
Targeting: Charles and David Koch
Sponsored by: NextGen Climate

The Koch Brothers have always been shrouded in secrecy — their labyrinth of organizations spending hundreds of millions of dollars from the shadows to benefit candidates who deny basic science and push legislation that enables climate change.

That isn’t how a democracy works. It’s time the Koch Brothers step out from the shadows and into the arena of public debate.

Charles Koch has already mourned the oppression of “free and open debate.” Here’s his chance to do something about it: Tom Steyer has challenged Charles and David Koch to a public debate on climate change.

Stand with Tom Steyer and call on the Koch Brothers to come out of hiding and have a real conversation on the issues that matter. NextGen Climate will send you updates and information about what’s happening and how you can get involved.

I am calling on you to step out from the shadows and have a public conversation on climate change.
Sincerely,
[Your name]
Sign
12,427 SUPPORTERS
Keep me updated on this campaign and others from NextGen Climate

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back