Black People Politics : don't buy koch......

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by jamesfrmphilly, Apr 3, 2014.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    Slide1.jpg

2. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    Here's another important image

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  3. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

For those who have never even heard their names ---- the Koch brothers are NOT hard-working entrepreneurs who made it big. No, they INHERITED their money from their father (or grandfather - forget which). That said, the Koch brothers fund the Tea Party. They hate Obama and are against everything black and everyone black, including Obama's foil, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. In fact, name the prominent black person and the Koch Brothers are out to get them. Someone gave me a list of the different industries they own, but unfortunately, I lost it. But believe me, pretty much everybody has something made by Koch Industries in their home (my fav toilet paper -Northern Quilted.... which I must now no longer buy, is on the list [​IMG] ).

ADDENDUM:

Found them:

Thanks for the reminder, James.

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Got this from Change.org:

Overview Letter
    Targeting: Charles and David Koch
    Sponsored by: NextGen Climate

The Koch Brothers have always been shrouded in secrecy — their labyrinth of organizations spending hundreds of millions of dollars from the shadows to benefit candidates who deny basic science and push legislation that enables climate change.

That isn’t how a democracy works. It’s time the Koch Brothers step out from the shadows and into the arena of public debate.

Charles Koch has already mourned the oppression of “free and open debate.” Here’s his chance to do something about it: Tom Steyer has challenged Charles and David Koch to a public debate on climate change.

Stand with Tom Steyer and call on the Koch Brothers to come out of hiding and have a real conversation on the issues that matter. NextGen Climate will send you updates and information about what’s happening and how you can get involved.

I am calling on you to step out from the shadows and have a public conversation on climate change.
    Sincerely,
    [Your name]
    Sign
    12,427 SUPPORTERS
    Keep me updated on this campaign and others from NextGen Climate