Black People Politics : Don's a Lemon: Before You Go Back on CNN This Weekend, Read This!

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Politics,

The rift between Don Lemon and Russell Simmons cuts at the core of black problems in America, racism, institutional and otherwise. To counter Simmons' blog, Lemon scheduled Tim Wise on the show after Simmons refused to interview. Lemon's argument is interesting, and Wise is a white guy known for the mind-set of correcting white folks into decimating racism and moving toward equality demanded by law.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Timothy Jacob "Tim" Wise(born October 4, 1968) is anAmericananti-racismactivist and writer.[1] Since 1995, he has given speeches at over 600 college campuses across the U.S.[2] He has trained teachers, corporate employees, non-profit organizations and law enforcement officers in methods for addressing and dismantlingracism in their institutions.[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Wise

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Founder, GlobalGrind.com

Don's a Lemon: Before You Go Back on CNN This Weekend, Read This!

Posted: 08/02/2013 8:57 am

Dear Don,
    I got a chance to see what you said over the weekend about black America. At first I thought it was Fox News, but then I remembered you're a CNN dude. I have nothing against Fox News, as Roger Ailes is my man, but the gospel you were preaching sounded like O'Reilly and Hannity were pulling your strings. Thank goodness my political director, Michael Skolnik, was on the show to stand up for African-Americans, because conservatives love when we blame ourselves for the conditions that have destroyed the fabric of the black community. I respect your courage on many other issues, but I can't accept that you would single out black teenagers as the cause of their own demise because they don't speak the King's English or wear belts around their waistbands.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russe...fore-you-g_b_3694894.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Lemon also had Dr. Alvin Poussaint on the show, seen below with Spike Lee.

[​IMG]
    After his initial academic accomplishments, Poussaint took part in the civil rights movement, which solidified his notion that racism resides at the core of mental health problems in the black community. Later in life, Poussaint served as a consultant for The Cosby Show and currently combines an advocacy for responsible media programming with his academic work.Along with Bill Cosby he co-authored the 2007 book Come On People: On the Path from Victims to Victors.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_F._Poussaint

The show was very enlightening and was couched in deep discussion on racism, I would encourage anyone interested to search and review.

In the Spirit of Sankofa, Peace In

brown_h0rnet Destee WARRIOR

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i don't listen to lemon any more……...

3. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i wonder if certain individuals sense a financial opportunity by becoming 'the black conservative'?

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Russell has a problem with Don, but not with Fox news, or as he puts it "as Roger Ailes is my man".:thinking:

Yes, his man is the same person that said this:

Peace!

5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    People amaze me:

Every generation wants to make its mark.... DIFFERENT from its parents! Hip-hop, sagging pants all the rest of it is simply this generation making their mark on the society they live in. This is why I SMH when Alarm Clock starts talking about today's music. I'm sure that his parents thought Baby Boomer music was either the devil's music or that the artists "couldn't sing." It's really not that deep.

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    :bowdown:

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Glad you commented on Simmons' strange but understandable rapport with Roger Ailes, bro. Enki. Not only is Ailes the head of Fox News, but he is genuinely against Democrats, Progressives and Liberals; especially President Obama.

"I have nothing against Fox News, as Roger Ailes is my man, but the gospel you were preaching sounded like O'Reilly and Hannity were pulling your strings."
    Russell Simmons

Roger Ailes Mulls Growth for Fox News Latino, Takes Shots at Obama, Gore

[​IMG]
    Peter Kramer/Getty Images
    In the interview, Ailes also had characteristic criticism for President Obama ("He is busy trying to get everybody to hate each other.") and took Al Gore to task for selling Current TV to the Qatar-backed news organization Al Jazeera. Gore sold it to "the oil people to get rich," Ailes said.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/roger-ailes-mulls-growth-fox-420385

As for why Ailes chose to drop Morris but keep Karl Rove -- who allegedly riled insiders when he challenged the network's own decision desk's early "call" that Ohio went for Obama during the election -- Morris said he didn't know why he had been "singled out," in Morgan's words.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/****-morris-fox-news-i-419119

The President's re-election split Fox News severely. Morris, having predicted Romney would win by a landslide, and was immediately terminated by Roger Ailes, the man of Russell Simmons, smh.

In the Spirit of Sankofa, Peace In

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :11100: we gots to stop loving these white devils what hates us…..

[​IMG]

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

:bullseye:

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Any particular reason why you dropped Lemon elder?

Will you better explain the second post above?

Certain individuals?
    Black Conservatives?