Black People : Donald Sterling says Jews help their own, but successful African Americans do not

It is an accurate statement. Many think they have made it there by themselves. One only has to look at Oprah. She said point blank why she wouldn't help sisters in her own city.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. If we were to eschew everything uttered or created by racists we might find overselves in dire straits
Aww you took my favorite line! My mom said that broken clock so much I adopted it as an adult. I agree with that. Lord know's the Chinese/Asians/Cubans/Caucasions/etc. seem to do this. I'm not sure why AA don't but it seems to me to be a true statement even if it's coming out of the wrong mouth.

I wouldn't give any weight to what Sterling says. He also stated that Magic Johnson doesn't give back which we all know is a fallacious statement . There are numerous who give back and the fact that they are African American should not compel them to do so.....People need to learn how to help themselves and each other..

http://www.tnj.com/features/state-black-philanthropy

This paragraph is from the article you posted.

Sterling got rich because other Jews helped him when white people did not. When he finished law school in the early 1960s, Sterling had to start his own business because white law firms wouldn’t hire Jews. As a result, he became enormously wealthy, largely due to the support of other people in his own community. This is what gave him the power to singlehandedly purchase the NAACP, an organization that represents a community that would rather give its money to whites than to itself.

It clearly states that other Jews within the community helped and supported him, not that they were wealthy. He is just one man who became wealthy but he also had something to build with, ( A Law Degree ).. We can talk about what wealthy people are doing or are not doing to help but the bottom line is what are folks themselves doing to change their situation.
In addition, there are over half a million Jews living below the poverty level in America. I guess they forgot to lend a hand to these folks......

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back