Black People : Don Imus - Nappy Headed Hos

jgyknowledge said:
Again how does this even get back to the naughty n****** word?

Why are you getting soo emotional? Do you believe that hip hop/rap influences other people to call us derogatory names? Believe me, they were doing it before and will be doing it long after. That's like claiming that rap music is the downfall of young people that make bad decisions. If you don't like a certain type of music then don't buy it. Why is that soo hard? If you don't like it, don't let your kids listen to it. Its MY responsibility as a father, to educate my kids about the world, so that they understand the impact of certain types of media.

If you want to be real, then be real. Whites debase their own women and don't care one way or the other.

Brother, do get lost in the semantics. Whether we call these words slurs, slanders, or slings and arrows, they're still insults, and insults are all relative. Nappy Headed B's and Ho's is, I am sure, the next best thing to ****** ******* for folks like Imus and Bernard McGuirk, his producer. They know they'd automatically be fired for using the "N" word, so the steer clear of using it. The fact remains that for at least 2 decades in this country, from say the 1970's to the 1990's, White Folks were exceedingly careful about the language they used in public reference and utterance about Blacks. 20 Years ago, Imus would NEVER have felt he had access to such idiomatic speech, and he wouldn't have, because even we were measured in the things we said on videos and such. In the past 15 years or so, we lost all sense of proportion about what we say in our raps, and what we show in our rap videos... And, in so doing, we don't set any ground rules for who can, and cannot, use the language we use in those raps. Epithets are now public domain, because our youth took crazy liberties withthe language, and gave others the right to insult our community with impunity. When that white boy bashed that brother beside his head in Queens, NY, while using the "N" wod, he said it wasn't about racism, but HipHop culture.

You've got to have that sense of history to understand the influence HipHop has had on World culture.
I sense that young folk DO understand the powere and influence of HipHop Culture on the world, but deny it when it is EXPEDIENT to do so. In fact, young brag and boast all the time about their beloved HipHop, and how powerful and influential it is, but like the Mafia, they want to deny that it exists when they're feet are being held to the fire. Nothing new here, brother JgyKnowledge.

EL PAPI LEANDO said:
Brother, do get lost in the semantics. Whether we call these words slurs, slanders, or slings and arrows, they're still insults, and insults are all relative. Nappy Headed B's and Ho's is, I am sure, the next best thing to ****** ******* for folks like Imus and Bernard McGuirk, his producer. They know they'd automatically be fired for using the "N" word, so the steer clear of using it. The fact remains that for at least 2 decades in this country, from say the 1970's to the 1990's, White Folks were exceedingly careful about the language they used in public reference and utterance about Blacks. 20 Years ago, Imus would NEVER have felt he had access to such idiomatic speech, and he wouldn't have, because even we were measured in the things we said on videos and such. In the past 15 years or so, we lost all sense of proportion about what we say in our raps, and what we show in our rap videos... And, in so doing, we don't set any ground rules for who can, and cannot, use the language we use in those raps. Epithets are now public domain, because our youth took crazy liberties withthe language, and gave others the right to insult our community with impunity. When that white boy bashed that brother beside his head in Queens, NY, while using the "N" wod, he said it wasn't about racism, but HipHop culture.

You've got to have that sense of history to understand the influence HipHop has had on World culture.
I sense that young folk DO understand the powere and influence of HipHop Culture on the world, but deny it when it is EXPEDIENT to do so. In fact, young brag and boast all the time about their beloved HipHop, and how powerful and influential it is, but like the Mafia, they want to deny that it exists when they're feet are being held to the fire. Nothing new here, brother JgyKnowledge.

excellent analysis here.

They said they will march in Chicago until this dude is fired
it's a shame how our women are hit with low blows by jacka.... like this dude
i never listen to his show and never will i hope they get his head on this one

This is a very telling way of how ALL white people think...I cant tell you how many white people are sympathizing with this racist imus and I even heard someone call al sharpton a racist....Imus has said racist thngs for years and now its just getting noticed by the media.....White people think its ok for anyone to make fun of anyone else but themselves and jews....we need to wake up my people...the turth has been revealed by our elders...

torch said:
This is a very telling way of how ALL white people think...I cant tell you how many white people are sympathizing with this racist imus and I even heard someone call al sharpton a racist....Imus has said racist thngs for years and now its just getting noticed by the media.....White people think its ok for anyone to make fun of anyone else but themselves and jews....we need to wake up my people...the turth has been revealed by our elders...
This is one of those "chickens coming home to roost and laying rotten eggs" scenarios.

Imus is no newcomer and Sharpton and others were laughing a few years ago when Imus went off on Rush Limbaugh.
http://radio.about.com/b/a/034646.htm

Imus even has supported the NAACP in past attacks against Limbaugh when he blasted Michael J. Fox how supports stem-cell research.

I must say I agree that this is the way MOST whites THINK but I can not say ALL because folks like Ariana Huffington APPEAR to have a genuine hatred and dislike for Imus, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, etc. even though this may actually be a liberal "front".
http://www.huffingtonpost.com

While Blacks are outraged at Imus, whites still use Black folks to humor themselves, such as the article on Huffington's site entitled "DON IMUS' FANTASY BASKETBALL DRAFT ROSTER" !

wtf?!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/colleen-werthmann/don-imus-fantasy-basketb_b_45479.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back