Black Entertainment : Don Cheadle's Miles Davis: The latest 'badass' black man on screen

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
123385-full.jpg

This is dating me, but I know this to be true: In the 1970s, black guys who wanted to be considered culturally serious always had some Miles to throw on the turntable. They might jam to Sly Stone, James Brown or Earth, Wind & Fire at a party. They often sang Stevie Wonder at the top of their voices while in the shower. But on quiet evenings, it always went back to Miles. Maybe they were alone after a long day. Often there was a girl they wanted to impress. (Confession: sometimes I was that girl.) It could be classic Miles (something from
Kind of Blue or Porgy and Bess) or modern Miles (******* Brew), but it was always Miles.

And only part of it was the music. The other part was Miles himself: small, and wiry, with a coiled intensity, piercing eyes, and a soft, raspy voice, Miles radiated energy even when he was sitting still. He was concurrently hot and very, very cool. And he knew it. And he didn't care whether you agreed with him. Your validation was irrelevant. Miles' validation of himself was enough.

Read more

http://www.scpr.org/news/2016/04/02/59153/don-cheadle-s-miles-davis-the-latest-badass-black/

i think they need to wait until the person is dead long enough so that the people who knew them are gone.
this is nothing like the miles that i knew.

I agree. I am going to see it, but I will wait until it's on TV or DVD, or something. it might be an interesting story.. but, it ain't about Miles Davis, that's the problem. How they're inserting this white boy sidekick is gonna be interesting, to say the least. I hope the soundtrack is good.

It's really sad.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back