Black People Politics : Don’t Forget About the Electoral College

willa

Apr 7, 2013
The Electoral College was established so that there would be representation of all the states for a vote. We are a republic. Our model is a free democracy to hear all the ideas and concerns. If we were not a republic then New York, Chicago, California, and other few largest states would win by population numbers of their votes. That would be a totalitarian government, because the smaller states could not weigh in. Majority smaller state votes would be silenced, and their personal state issues not considered by the candidates who wouldn't even bother going to those states to campaign. The candidates would spend time out to get the votes from the larger states. We are a united states. This is what has raised us to be a super power.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
:bs: If people had but voted, this wouldn't be a discussion

willa

Apr 7, 2013
You certain of that Mrs. O?

View attachment 14855
Give me your take on the reason for the Electoral College. Popular vote would have got you Hillary Clinton without representation for smaller states. She said she would "grow the economy." Really?

Yes. Trump aggravates people with what he says, but he did grow the economy in record breaking ways.

Now are you trying to tick off ogoun with the Mrs. O stuff? :SuN024:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

Democratic Race 2020
LIBERALS ARE HYPING A NUCLEAR OPTION TO PREVENT ANOTHER TRUMP
Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Pete Buttigieg, and Beto O’Rourke have all said they are open to eliminating the electoral college and electing the president based on the popular vote

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/03/liberals-are-hyping-a-nuclear-option-to-prevent-another-trump?
BY

ERIC LUTZ

Donald Trump and Melania fill out their ballots at a polling station in New York, 2016.
By MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: