Black People Politics : Don’t Forget About the Electoral College

Ok Willa since you asked, before I go off on another of my tirades I'll just say since I don't possess a self appointed doctorate in Political Science I believe in a nationwide populist voting system regardless of the population of any given State. The tally of all 50 states votes gives the win to the candidate with the most national votes. End of story. Personally I feel the "ONLY" reason Trump got a pass from a great many Blacks especially Black women is because in the 11th hour that arrogant greasy pig Hillary "Hill O Beans" Clinton unilaterally slit her own varicose veined scrawny throat was her insulting behavior toward Black women is her shuck and jive shows whenever she felt like appearing at rally's doing the watermelon dance. Also Trumpy was the wrench in the well oiled corrupt gears of the so called two party fraud we always knew existed but still pulled that lever of hope against all odds only to get kicked in our collective faces for the next four years. Soapbox away.

This is Obama's economy. Not #45s

Give me your take on the reason for the Electoral College. Popular vote would have got you Hillary Clinton without representation for smaller states. She said she would "grow the economy." Really?

Yes. Trump aggravates people with what he says, but he did grow the economy in record breaking ways.

Now are you trying to tick off ogoun with the Mrs. O stuff? :SuN024:

This is still Obama's economy

:great:

Democrats may come to love the electoral college again

In the short run, it’s entirely possible President Trump gets clobbered in the electoral college. Morning Consult polls his approval in all 50 states and finds him net negative in critical states such as Michigan (-12), Wisconsin (-13), Iowa (-12), Pennsylvania (-7), Colorado (-14) and Arizona (-6)...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...1e8b099183b&wpisrc=nl_popns_05232019_t&wpmm=1

By Jennifer Rubin
Opinion writer
June 5 at 2:00 PM

How 13 Rejected States Would Have Changed The Electoral College
Our state borders define our presidential elections. But what if they were different?

One way to understand just how skewed the Electoral College can be is by rearranging the states inside of it. We know what would happen if the Electoral College were gone, but what would happen if it were simply different?

By Ella Koeze

:great:

Court: Electoral College members not bound by popular vote

...when he removed an elector and nullified his vote because the elector refused to cast his ballot for Democrat Hillary Clinton, who won the popular vote. The elector at the center of the case, Micheal Baca, was part of a group known as "Hamilton electors" who tried to convince electors who were pledged to Clinton or Donald Trump to unite behind a consensus candidate to deny Trump the presidency.

DAN ELLIOTT
Associated Press

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back