Haiti : DOMINICAN REPUBLIC REVOKES CITIZENSHIP FROM THOUSANDS OF MIGRANTS & THEIR CHILDREN

Wow everywhere Haitian goes, they are face with racism. The govt of Haiti needs to send those domincans back to DR. ..Iits not only Haitians who are going to DR to get a better life, Dominicans are going to Haiti to get the same life the Haitian are looking for.

While I understand where you're coming from, both Haitians AND D.R.s are black, so racism is not the correct word.

Haiti and the Dominican Republic have an awful history with each other. On another note, part of the reasons why Haitians are mistreated in America (besides the racial component) is b/c they are stereotyped as being trashy and ill-mannered.

While I normally don't bother responding to white people's pronouncements on the black condition - wherever in the world you find us - but because this website is frequented by people, world-wide, I feel I must make an exception here.

NO ONE.... I repeat no.one believe this lying, RACIST :bs: !!! Haitians are NOT "stereotyped" as being "trashy and ill-mannered" by Americans, neither black NOR white!

While I understand where you're coming from, both Haitians AND D.R.s are black, so racism is not the correct word.

i think there are quite a few D.R.'s that would (vehemently) disagree with you on that.

but if we get to tell people what they are ... i guess it's all good in da hood ... :nails:

:heart:

Destee

A sweeping court decision on Friday ruled that citizenship would be revoked from the children of migrants, which will affect tens of thousands of people living in the country, particularly Haitian immigrants and their descendents. Experts warned that the court ruling would result in a human rights crisis, leaving tens of thousands of people stateless, facing mass deportation and discrimination. The decisions gives the electoral commission one year to produce a list of people who will be excluded from citizenship. The ruling will revoke citizenship for those born after 1929, which will overwhelmingly affect descendants of Haitian immigrants who worked on farms. A U.N. backed study estimated that nearly 210,000 Dominicans of Haitian descent will be affected, as well as 34,000 others born to parents of a different nationality. Wade McMullen, a New York-based attorney at the Robert F. Kennedy Center of Justice & Human Rights told AP that many of these people are “now effectively stateless.” He said, “We really don’t know what’s going to happen to those people...Based on what the Dominican government is saying, these people are not Dominican citizens and will have to leave and effectively go to Haiti, where they are also not citizens.” He stated that many of these soon-to-be transplants have little or no ties to Haiti. The majority do not have Haitian citizenship and likely don’t speak Creole.

Welcome Home and Thanks for Sharing! ... :wave:

Please include a link to articles when posting them.

I went and found one this time : Dominican Republic Revokes Citizenship

This is really sad to read.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back