Black People : Domestically Inclined

phynxofkemet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 11, 2008
eartH (Heart) is my home
Occupation
child care provider
This question is mostly for the sisters, although it can be answered by the brothers too (no exclusion here). I would like to know if you take good care of your home? Are you domestically inclined? Do you keep your home in good order, do you clean up after yourself everyday or only when company comes over?

Do you take pride in a clean home? I ask because my momma was a clean freak, (Virgo) she cleans, dusts, vacuums, or washes something everyday. Now, on average I only vacuum twice a week, wash floors twice a week (or more if necessary because of spills) and I clean the bathrooms after each use. I suck at dusting cuz I don't like it, and I always fall behind in laundry but never to the point where it stinks or molds. My office area could always use more space and order. Again, though I really like my home to smell clean, and for people to feel confident that they could eat out of my kitchen without getting a bug, ya know?

Not all men appreciate or care about this though, and I know that my partner has to cultivate a sense of cleanliness, and domestication too (or there will be fireworks). When I get the funds available I'm going to hire someone to do it for me, so I have more free time to myself. In the meantime though I gotta be my own cleaning crew.

I find it really imperative with a baby, cuz I don't want him to ever get sick over something as simple as keeping a clean environment.
(A large percentage of childhood dis-eases are preventable as them stem from filth or contact with feces and mold)

What do you think?

... I would like to know if you take good care of your home? Are you domestically inclined? Do you keep your home in good order, do you clean up after yourself everyday or only when company comes over?

Do you take pride in a clean home?

I don't clean everyday; but, IMO, there's a difference between "nasty" and "junky." Actually, I prefer the term "character." :em0100:

Seriously though, depending on my work schedule or how tired I am, I try to at least "pick up" even when I can't do a thorough cleaning.

Trust. I know how to clean. My mother was ex-army and a nurse. So, when she said "clean." She meant from-the-ceiling-to-the-baseboards, eat-off-the-floor CLEAN!

Now, I may be a little "clutter-y" sometimes but I don't live in filth. No rats or roaches in my home and my kitchen is cleaner than the Health Department. lol

However, with you having a baby, I can understand your concerns for cleanliness.

And thank you for mentioning the dusting. I've been meaning to clean my ceiling fans.

wheew

For me it varies...when my kids was young I had to keep it spotless. My ex had his soilders coming ova all the time so in that regard I took much pride in my hut!

On top of that even tho I was working two sometimes three jobs there was always a delicious smell coming from the kitchen around noon or evening time.

Now my kids are teens and it's just one home!!!!!!!! I could care less...lol...plus that is not my priority right now! I know I could do better but geez so much is out of line right now that I just rebel.

Peace

I don't clean everyday; but, IMO, there's a difference between "nasty" and "junky." Actually, I prefer the term "character." :em0100:

Seriously though, depending on my work schedule or how tired I am, I try to at least "pick up" even when I can't do a thorough cleaning.

Trust. I know how to clean. My mother was ex-army and a nurse. So, when she said "clean." She meant from-the-ceiling-to-the-baseboards, eat-off-the-floor CLEAN!

Now, I may be a little "clutter-y" sometimes but I don't live in filth. No rats or roaches in my home and my kitchen is cleaner than the Health Department. lol

However, with you having a baby, I can understand your concerns for cleanliness.

And thank you for mentioning the dusting. I've been meaning to clean my ceiling fans.

Wow, ex-army and a nurse! That's a tall order for real though. I just did my ceiling fans last month and boy that was thick dust! LOL

Thanks for the replies y'all; I always felt that no matter where I lived I would make it feel like my temple, But I also like my place to look like it's usable and lived in. So no plastic covers on my furniture, no china that's too good to use except on special occasions, etc... I remember growing up there used to be this one room that was so formal no one liked to sit in it, not even company! Mom finally listened to my sister, re-arranged a few things and made it the actual living room where people now enjoy conversatin'.

If I'm interested in a fellow I check out his kitchen & bathrooms, I like a man who cleans up after himself cuz adults dont need to be chased after like children ya know?

I have noticed there's a wide variety of opinions on this depending on cultures, so I thought it would be cool to ask.

Brother James, if I may suggest some tender love b4 it gets nasty...never know when you'll get a surprise visit, and not have a lot of time to clean up:em0100:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back