Black Relationships : Domestic Violence

atomicangel

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 8, 2004
This is a question that I've been wanting to ask for a long time.
For all my life, I've grown up around men who beat their wives daily or who try to control and hurt them through emotional, physical or mental abuse. I've seen it happen on many occasions and it really upsets me to think that someone who is supposed to love and care about you can do such hurtful things to you.
All i want to know is why men do it. Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to say that any of you guys do it, i just really want to know. I've tried to come up with conclusions but i still fail to understand.

:luvv: Tasha

Hello AtomicAngel:

Welcome to Destee.com, I hope you enjoy your time here...and consider becoming a premium member. To address your question:

I wish I had a clear answer for you, but I have never laid my hands on a woman in violence (nor did I grew up in a home of domestic violence). As a result, I can not truly examine the mentality of spousal abusers. However I do know that domesic violence is a measure of control, and that men who do this take out their frustations on the women in their lives. I don't know if the reasons why are as important as recognizing the men who do this (and avoiding them at all cost). I don't know if I have been much help, but this is all I have to offer at this time.

A toxic combination of being a controlling-low-self-esteem-having-COWARD, and growing up with very bad examples of how to treat someone you are supposed to love (parent-child, spousal, or other types of physical abuse).

These are the kind of people that believe that fear = respect and know that there is nothing respectable or loveable about them so they beat their women to make them obedient and act like they love/respect the man. Women who beat men are the same way as are many parents to their kids.

It is a sickness and a bad trend at the same time IMO.

MrBlak (welcome to destee :rolling: )

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back