Black People : Dollar's Chirren Blues Arrest

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kemetstry, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    Creflo Dollar Arrested for Assaulting Daughter

[​IMG]
    Creflo Dollar (Fayette County Sheriff's Office)
    Updated Friday, June 8 at 2:41 p.m.: A copy of the arrest report has been posted online. (Image of arrest report below.)
    Earlier:
    Perhaps mega-church pastor Creflo Dollar truly believes in the old adage "Spare the rod and spoil the child"?
    Fayette County, Ga., deputies arrested him this morning after an alleged altercation he had with his 15-year-old daughter, according to AJC.com.
    Dollar's daughter sustained "superficial injuries" to her neck, said sheriff's office spokesman Brent Rowan. The 50-year-old minister was charged with simple battery, family violence and cruelty to children.
    Deputies were summoned to Dollar's Sandy Creek Road home around 1 a.m. after receiving a 911 call. They discovered "enough probable cause to make an arrest," Rowan said.
    Besides the physical evidence, Rowan said deputies also interviewed Dollar's 19-year-old daughter, who confirmed her sibling's version of events. Apparently the altercation centered around a party the alleged victim wanted to attend.
    "During the argument the father began to get physical with her," Rowan said.​
    He was released on $5,000 bond this morning.
    [​IMG]
    Read more on AJC.com

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    In the words of Miss Celie from The Color Purple, "Beat huh."

...just kiddin'

However, there aren't many details with this story.

For all we know:

A. Creflo could be a chronic, closet child-abuser

or

B. The 15 y/o daughter coulda smarted off to him when he told her she couldn't go to that particular event and he grabbed her by her throat in the heat of the argument.

(And the 19 y/o sibling could just be going along with her sister's story to embarass/get back at daddy too.)

(And just how "SUPERFICIAL" is "superficial injuries," anyway??)

....Is that a SCRATCH or a BRUISE?....Were his hand prints around her neck??

We just don't know which at this time.

3. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    www.msnbc.com

According to the report from the Fayette County Sheriff's Office, Dollar's daughter called police to say that her father attacked her after they argued about whether the daughter could attend a party.
    Advertise | AdChoices
    [​IMG]

The report says the daughter alleged that Dollar choked her, then threw her to the ground, punched her and hit her with his shoe. The responding officer noticed a scratch on the daughter's neck near her throat; the daughter said her father gave her the scratch during the fight.
    When police interviewed Dollar, he said he tried to restrain his daughter when she "became very disrespectful" after he told her she couldn't go to the party, according to the report. Dollar admitted to spanking his daughter and wrestling her to the floor, but said it was because she hit him.
    Dollar was taken to the Fayette County Jail after his arrest. Fayette County Police spokesman Brent Rowan said Dollar had his first appearance in magistrate court Friday and posted $5,000 bond, WXIA reported.
    “As a father I love my children and I always have their best interest at heart at all times, and I would never use my hand to ever cause bodily harm to my children," Dollar said in a statement released by his lawyer Nikki Bonner and obtained by The Associated Press. "The facts in this case will be handled privately to further protect my children. My family thanks you for your prayers and continued support."
    Dollar will make no further comments since he's involved in an ongoing criminal matter, but he is expected to preach Sunday, Bonner said

4. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    read above

I think it's the latter

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

Ah-So.

And I'm inclined to agree.

6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    ....Move along, folks.....Nothing else to see here.

They can work this out together as a family and move on.

And "baby girl" will know betta to even THINK about raising her voice or her hand to her father or mother again.

Plus, she got off light.... If she'da been mine, I'd still be locked up! :spank:

7. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/06/08/mega-pastor-creflo-dollar-arrested-for-battery/
    Dollar made a brief statement this morning, “I just love my kid. Love ‘em. Same problem every parent’s going through.”..

Rev. Taffi Dollar and the couple’s son met Pastor Dollar when he was released from the Fayette County Jail after posting bond.
    A spokesman for the minister said a statement will be released soon on Dollar’s behalf.

8. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    Christianity teaches that it is okay to beat your kids because of biblical verses which teach 'spare the rod and spoil the child'. My Baptist minister father used a razor strap to beat his on five sons when we seriously misbehaved. I used to be a Christian and I did use a belt on my son. I am honest enough now to admit that is an unwise way to raise your kids.

But, then, I am also honest enough now to admit that Christianity does not teach the Way taught by Jesus. My best advice to anyone who is still caught up in that religion is to come out from among them and be ye separate. Come out so you will not suffer her plagues.

9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Proverbs 22:
    [15] Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Proverbs 23:
    [13] Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

Proverbs 29:
    [15] The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.
    [17] Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.

Ephesians 6:
    [1] Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
    [2] Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
    [3] That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Hebrews 12:
    [5] And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
    [6] For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
    [7] If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
    [8] But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
    [9] Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Revelation 3:
    [19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent
    Rev.18

[1] And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
    [2] And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
    [3] For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
    [4] And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
    [5] For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

10. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    15 years old is not a child. If you have to grab your 15 yr. old daughter by the throat and wrestle her to the floor in order to get her to listen to you, then you have failed somewhere along the line. When you rely on physical intimidation as your primary instrument of control, once they are no longer scared of you your control is kaput. Now she know how to call the people on you.. your control is a wrap now.
    He needs to keep his hands off of her though.. and if he can't manage their relationship he should put her out. Put her in a boarding school.. or send her to live with Aunt Pearl out there in the woods or something. She'll come back home humble as she's supposed to be. You know her room is probably as big as an apartment.. holding back priviledges is a good way to motivate behavior. He should leave the throat grabs and wrestling moves to the MMA fighters.