Black Spirituality Religion : Dogon vs Kemet

Music Producer

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 31, 2004
Dogon vs Kemet

Dogon theology and ancient knowledge and Kemet theology are two different trains of thought and perceptions although it can be explained that Kemet theology is an extremely skewed derivative of Dogon theology and ancient knowledge.

Do not be fooled by modern day Preachers from Africa simply looking for a buck.

If you are interested in understanding Dogon theology I suggest these books…….
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1412006465/?tag=destee0b-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0195198212/?tag=destee0b-20

Conversations with Ogotemmeli is an extremely difficult book to read and understand. It is written from the point of view of Ogotemmeli himself in the 1930s. I would advise reading Master of Speech first so that you can become oriented in how advanced Ogotemmeli’s words and perceptions truly are for the 1930s.

Dogon and Kemet theology are not the same.

Music Producer said:
Dogon vs Kemet

Dogon theology and ancient knowledge and Kemet theology are two different trains of thought and perceptions although it can be explained that Kemet theology is an extremely skewed derivative of Dogon theology and ancient knowledge.

Do not be fooled by modern day Preachers from Africa simply looking for a buck.

If you are interested in understanding Dogon theology I suggest these books…….
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1412006465/?tag=destee0b-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0195198212/?tag=destee0b-20

Conversations with Ogotemmeli is an extremely difficult book to read and understand. It is written from the point of view of Ogotemmeli himself in the 1930s. I would advise reading Master of Speech first so that you can become oriented in how advanced Ogotemmeli’s words and perceptions truly are for the 1930s.

Dogon and Kemet theology are not the same.

The question I have is why juxtapose both of these ancient traditions against each other? It is obvious that the older, predynastic Ta-mera documented much similar accounts concerning the origins of the Life in the universe and also had a cosmology based upon it's relation to the Sirian star system. The e people of anceint Ta-mera created a calendar based on the Sothic cycle which was fairly accurate and similar to the Dogon calendar system.

I notice that you did not mention the Sirius Mystery but this also is a more than adequate read which details the commonality of 'belief' between the Dogon and the Nile High Culture.

As I said………..

……although it can be explained that Kemet theology is an extremely skewed derivative of Dogon theology and ancient knowledge.

The Dogon do not present the Nummo as gods but teachers and servants of Amma.

So when and how did the Egyptians start presenting and seeing all the deities of the pantheon as gods to be worshiped by us?

I agree 100 percent that the Egyptians have a theology similar to Dogon but one would have to dig and pull it out of a mess of distortions, corruptions and skewed ideology and the Egyptians believed in those added facets from their own culture just as strong as they believed in the ones that mach that of the Dogon.

I notice that you did not mention the Sirius Mystery but this also is a more than adequate read which details the commonality of 'belief' between the Dogon and the Nile High Culture.
The Sirius Mystery details the similarities between most religions in the earth and that of the Dogon.

Music Producer said:
As I said………..

……although it can be explained that Kemet theology is an extremely skewed derivative of Dogon theology and ancient knowledge.

So when and how did the Egyptians start presenting and seeing all the deities of the pantheon as gods to be worshiped by us?

I agree 100 percent that the Egyptians have a theology similar to Dogon but one would have to dig and pull it out of a mess of distortions, corruptions and skewed ideology and the Egyptians believed in those added facets from their own culture just as strong as they believed in the ones that mach that of the Dogon.

The Sirius Mystery details the similarities between most religions in the earth and that of the Dogon.

Ok...I won't debate based on my current reading.

If I may I would just like to mention a few books which you or others might find some us for.

The Stargate Conspiracy by Picknett & Prince has a section detailing a rather critical assessment of Temple's Sirius Mystery. In this they also examines the account of the Nommo given by the Dogon.

The Sisius Mystery does have an interesting section I am finding useful in detailing the Dogon Trigon of Great Conjunctions, which is a calender system based on the conjunctions of Jupiter/Saturn, which is a 60 day cycle and it's interesting to not that in comparative mythology.

Jupiter=Amen
Saturn=Set

I also find the following useful

The Tutankamen Prophecies, which describes the Chinese astrology system which is similar to the Dogon 60 year trigon.

Also, Maya Cosmogenesis 2012 which charts the Mayan Sun/Pleides conjunctions which is relative to the Dogon, usually 3-5 years in alignment.

From my understanding, the Dogon and the mayan employed the Venus Calendar which accounts for the closeness between the Dogon Trigon and the Mayan Peiades Conjunction.

Unfortunately, I can find no similar references from Black/African point of view.

Peace..

Music Producer said:
As I said………..

I further understand your point.

AMMA is the supreme deity of the Dogon and the Nommo are "Watchers".

This is distinct from the Kemetic "Neteru", which makes the Dogon system actually more akin to the Sumerian!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back