Black Spirituality Religion : Dogon vs Kemet

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Music Producer, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Dogon vs Kemet

Dogon theology and ancient knowledge and Kemet theology are two different trains of thought and perceptions although it can be explained that Kemet theology is an extremely skewed derivative of Dogon theology and ancient knowledge.

Do not be fooled by modern day Preachers from Africa simply looking for a buck.

If you are interested in understanding Dogon theology I suggest these books…….
    http://www.amazon.com/Master-Speech...f=sr_1_10/104-2008052-7783131?ie=UTF8&s=books

http://www.amazon.com/Conversations...=pd_bbs_1/104-2008052-7783131?ie=UTF8&s=books

Conversations with Ogotemmeli is an extremely difficult book to read and understand. It is written from the point of view of Ogotemmeli himself in the 1930s. I would advise reading Master of Speech first so that you can become oriented in how advanced Ogotemmeli’s words and perceptions truly are for the 1930s.

Dogon and Kemet theology are not the same.

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    The question I have is why juxtapose both of these ancient traditions against each other? It is obvious that the older, predynastic Ta-mera documented much similar accounts concerning the origins of the Life in the universe and also had a cosmology based upon it's relation to the Sirian star system. The e people of anceint Ta-mera created a calendar based on the Sothic cycle which was fairly accurate and similar to the Dogon calendar system.

I notice that you did not mention the Sirius Mystery but this also is a more than adequate read which details the commonality of 'belief' between the Dogon and the Nile High Culture.

3. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    As I said………..

……although it can be explained that Kemet theology is an extremely skewed derivative of Dogon theology and ancient knowledge.

The Dogon do not present the Nummo as gods but teachers and servants of Amma.

So when and how did the Egyptians start presenting and seeing all the deities of the pantheon as gods to be worshiped by us?

I agree 100 percent that the Egyptians have a theology similar to Dogon but one would have to dig and pull it out of a mess of distortions, corruptions and skewed ideology and the Egyptians believed in those added facets from their own culture just as strong as they believed in the ones that mach that of the Dogon.

The Sirius Mystery details the similarities between most religions in the earth and that of the Dogon.

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Ok...I won't debate based on my current reading.

If I may I would just like to mention a few books which you or others might find some us for.

The Stargate Conspiracy by Picknett & Prince has a section detailing a rather critical assessment of Temple's Sirius Mystery. In this they also examines the account of the Nommo given by the Dogon.

The Sisius Mystery does have an interesting section I am finding useful in detailing the Dogon Trigon of Great Conjunctions, which is a calender system based on the conjunctions of Jupiter/Saturn, which is a 60 day cycle and it's interesting to not that in comparative mythology.

Jupiter=Amen
    Saturn=Set

I also find the following useful

The Tutankamen Prophecies, which describes the Chinese astrology system which is similar to the Dogon 60 year trigon.

Also, Maya Cosmogenesis 2012 which charts the Mayan Sun/Pleides conjunctions which is relative to the Dogon, usually 3-5 years in alignment.

From my understanding, the Dogon and the mayan employed the Venus Calendar which accounts for the closeness between the Dogon Trigon and the Mayan Peiades Conjunction.

Unfortunately, I can find no similar references from Black/African point of view.

Peace..

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

I further understand your point.

AMMA is the supreme deity of the Dogon and the Nommo are "Watchers".

This is distinct from the Kemetic "Neteru", which makes the Dogon system actually more akin to the Sumerian!

6. nibs

nibs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +22
    i recently obtained "the pale fox"...how does that rate?

7. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    You know, I have that book setting on my bookshelf but I haven’t had a chance to read it yet, most of my current knowledge comes from Ogotemmeli. I am currently reading Legends of the Egyptian GODS by Budge, which I am finding to be very interesting seeing that the information is written by actual ancient Egyptians. This is giving me another perception of the Egyptian gods.

The next one I had on my mind to read was “The wonderful Ethiopians of the Ancient Cu****e Empire” but maybe I will move “The Pale Fox” up the list, but it is a pretty good size book.

8. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Who here knows or even met a real so-called African "Dogon" High Prist??

Hotep

If you have not met with, talked to, sat with and learned what is conjectured, and dogma-ed here...the question is ware are all of these asumptions and illusions coming from if not totaly made up or imagined or more than likely no doupt from the "Distorted" minds of the (europian) authors of such claims. There is nothing to learn here on this subject from these claims that even go as so far as to confuse the Holy Dogon's (Medu Neteru) "Mastery" in Spirituality With any thing what ever the white man and white woman has to say about anything.

When we go back and forth bickering about nothing...with nothing known at all...it is a total waste of every ones time because in the end..."We" all will just be right back ware we all started...lost in the ignorant, fabricated, distorted dogna of the lie-ing "White" authors who has spoiled our collective minds with "Trash" that is good for nothing! There are no short cuts to the answers we are seeking...and there is no place for foolishness when it comes to the "Reality" that "We" are not yet ready for. We must first know who we are as a people...and most of us are not willing to take the "First" spet to do that...but think in private that we can (try to make it real compared to what?) continue with the mind set of the "Concocted" scriptures of the system of white superimacy to do battle with the "Truth"...you will lose and not win your "Liberation" continuing to choose to stay lost in your "Biblical Myths".

Here is the web address to contact a authintic "Dogon" high "Prist" who is sent by the "Elders" to you (us) who are "Ready"! Email this one and ask for the real clearification to all we are un-leaned about...one who is qualified to "Teach" all there is to know concerning our "Lost" Kemetic ancestors Spirituality! Life is all about choices...so choose wisely*.........http://www.theearthcenter.com/

Ase`

Note: Lets clear up the major confusion we find our selves in...now! And there is "No" such thing as Dogon vs Kemet!! They are Kemet High Prist who speak, write, teach all that is Kemet! Be ware...be ware...be ware!

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

:lol:

Interestingly I have a link to this site on my website and he claims there is no such word as "metu" and also teaches concerning that which I have seek nothing about on this site...

Be Aware, is correct...

Of wolves in fake 'kemetic' garb...

10. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    Moorfius:

I have sent an email asking the author to answer some questions and he has not returned any reply. These types of people that exploit religion are the type of people who can recognize prey. Most likely my wording within my email immediately made him realize that I was at least conscious of Dogon and Egyptian knowledge, which immediately triggered in his mind, “not profit”, so he probably just deleted my email and moved on to more willing victims or people that are unconscious.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Ancient Kemetic vs Dogon

2. amma dogon black