Black People : Does The Weather Affect our Emotions?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PLATINUMILLITY1, Apr 1, 2008.

1. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    Does if it is Sunny outside or Cloudy, affect if we are in good spirits or a bit more gloomy?
    Does the Mental Status facilitate that existance...

When in certain mindstates, could the emotions be more extensive?
    (Hysterically Happy or Depressingly sad)

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

PLATINUMILLITY1,

The answer to your question lies within your signature (Marianne Williamson)!
    Tonight, I gave it a fair read and must admit, it is simply beautiful. So, whether it is sunny or gloomy the words in the signature creates a brighter day, a brighter day.

3. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Is feeling sleepy an emotion? Because the rain makes me sleepy.

4. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    The UV rays in sun may be harmful to our skin but they relieve stress like a mofo. A lot of people suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder, they feel down during the winter or on dark, cloudy days.

5. PLATINUMILLITY1

Ratings:
    +38
    Thank You Brother Clyde Coger..I appreciate you responding and your interest to my sigature as well.:)
    I agree that Truth, Wisdom, and Courage does bring Brighter Days:hearts2: Brighter Days
    Peace

Brother Edward Williams,
    smh....LOL.....smh
    That was a real good question though....hmmm
    :thinking:
    What I believe it is...is Tied to your emotion(not actually being one)
    The emotion is Down, Bored, sad, restricted...maybe our subconscience registeres with these and we register tiredness as a result...
    Im trying!:D
    :hearts2:

Brother African...I agree...it is a stress reliever...but I also thing the rain may be as well....
    As for the Seasonal Affective Disorder.....I just think spme people suffer from certain diseaes because of the Disorders in their life.....Who was made to hide from the sun?
    The Albino peoples are acceptional, pigmentation differences prevent long time exposer.....as health condition
    Just as i believe Manic depressiveness Bi-Polar, Shcizophrenia, and others are as disorders of life(I have anothe take on the schizophrenia as well, but that in part)
    Dark and Cloudy makes many people stoop to a depressive state....That is the reason for my thread:)
    I think it is also linked within Life....events, Lifestyle, etc.
    Thanks
    Peace
    :hearts2:

6. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I remember when I was younger I used to feel as if the weather affect my emotions. The rain was down time, the snow was excitement, the sun shinning was new beginnings. Now that I'm older the weather don't effect my emotions as much. I think we mentally associate the weather with what happens during those seasons of rainy months, sunny days, and beds of snow filled streets. So when it rains, if april kept more people at home it made us less active, which in turn made us depress or lonely. When the sun is shinning, more people are out and about and we can visually see the happiness in their faces. Now that I'm older, I love the rain. I love to watch it from my window as it cleanses the earth and nourishes all the plants and creatures. It leaves me with a sense of peace and harmony. The rays of the sun is like birth to me. You can see the new life sprouting from the soil. The trees seem to stand at attention, and so much joy can be heard in children laughter. The snow is like a beautiful garment when it drapes the trees and paves the road. And that sound it makes when you've just stepped into fresh untouch snow, the inprint of every step you took is like some morse code that only the creator can dissect.

Well, perhaps the weather does have some affect on our emotions, but whether that effect is a positive or negative experience...it all depends on the experience you attach to each outcome.
    Sometimes I feel tired when it rains too. I once asked someone about that and they said it was because...when it rains the clouds absorbs more water back up into it's existence. And being that our body's are made up mostly of water, we can actually feel the pull of that extraction from us. Leaving us to feel more tired then usual. I don't know for sure how factual that is, but it seems to make sense to me.

:heart:

7. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Yes weather affects my emotions, and I'll tel you why.
    I have 3 boys; 10,6 & 4. When the weather is nice, they are outside which means I get a little peace.
    Enough said?
    :sleep: :boring:

8. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Great post

I agree here...

PurpleMoons
    I like the crunch of the new snow as well. Do we need help...:laugh:

PLATINUMILLITY
    I like your signature as well.

My enery and excitment level increases when it rains. I like the night air it helps me relax. Very nocturnal. Love the day and sun as much... but prefer night. Rain is closeness for me. A cleansing and a rejuvenator.

I believe the mental has influence on how one could be caught in the same rain and think the day is ruined. How the coming of night brings fear, or an end to an eventful day to some and a chance to shutdown to another.

Our mental is clocked on the sun.. early to rise and the night time to retire.

9. PLATINUMILLITY1

Ratings:
    +38
    It's a Beautiful Thing...

Thank You Sister Purple Moons,
    I absolutley am in love with your views of the earth

Thank You Brother Kamau...smh.lol

Thank You Brother HODEE(WHOOOO!, LOL)

Many are learned to believe the rain is bad....I REALLY do not like that...
    You always hear song saying....oh the rain is gone....I was in rain
    I am sad...the rain, or something

That is jus how we are MADE to think
    Cleansing, ainding in growth, LIFE is,,,,something bad
    Something we should be afraid of
    Just as the darkness as Brther Hodee was saying
    The Night brings such peace to the earth(or at least it is supposed to..)
    That is the only time the stars shine and people can wtness what is not shown through th sun....
    The sun is the light of the earth and as it desends, we whined down and reflect and watch.....that is the time for settleing...
    I think that the constant role, flow, hustle and butle of people make that hard to realize.....

The comming of a storm.....I also agree with that wonderful philosophy from Sister PurpleMoons' encounter....
    We ARE all connected to the earth and we receive our engergies from her as she does us I agree with that totally
    In order for the earth to thrive she needs love of a kind.....our energies could be just that.....we rejuvinate and receive her back

Snow....Well it is water as well and also brings a cleaner oxygen supply(so it seems) Crisper air....The is one of lifes playgrounds as well as her Cloak:)

Sometimes the rain can relate to trajedies, and that is most likely why people associate that and night the way they do.....but perhaps raincomes during tragedy so tha one may continue growth(or maybe signifies growth with the tragedy) just as tears fall...tears release and cleanse he soul(holding it in creates cataostrophy within)
    All is intertwined as night creates peace, rest from the trials...