Black People : Does Pure Consciousness Exist?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Feb 25, 2010.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    We've heard of it but what is it? How is it possible? What would it be like to be a pure conscious mind apart from the physical body?

We cannot experience it when we close our eyes for even then we see blackness. But to a pure conscious even blackness would not be visible. . the entire concept of vision would be outside of its circumference of awareness because it has nothing to see with Nothing to hear with. Nothing to feel with. Nothing to smell or taste with. Maybe it would be aware of itself but what would that mean?. Maybe it would be a pure mind aware of nothing but it's own thoughts. What would it think about?

Nothing in the universe exist alone in its pure state. When scientist encounter a fold remedy in a plant then isolate the so-called active ingredient they still have to put that ingredient in a vector to contain it and transport it from the outer world to the inside of someone's body. So too we can only define ourselves in relation to others. In these relationships we have experiences and it is these experiences that give meaning and reality to the Self

2. Sen - Res

Sen - Res Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self-employed Herbalist
    Ratings:
    +67
    Yes sis river, this state of pure consciousness does exist. From this state of pure consciousness comes all forms of creation i.e. the finite, and will eventually return to that pure state of consciousness i.e. the Infinite. This state of consciousness is all-knowing and all-pervading and can be experienced in its full totality. It is what is called, "self-realization" - "God-realization.

Peace.

3. Sen - Res

United States
    Self-employed Herbalist
    Ratings:
    +67
    Sister river, all that you have mentioned above is true, but it is only the relative truth.

This pure consciousness, i.e. self-realization, or God-realization, in order for it to be obtained, it has to come through the body. So, therefore, it is an awakening of consciousness that is already in you. The only thing is it is just dormant.

There are many techniques that can be applied. Some of these techniques are complete, and some are not. The techniques that are incomplete would only take us to a certain level of consciousness, i.e. to certain planes of existence.
    Whereas, the techniques that are complete, can take us to this consciousness that is all-knowing.
    P.S. Sister river, when this consciousness awakens in us, it activates all of our energy centers (chakras). They are the pituitary gland center, the throat center, the heart center, the solar plexus, and the center that sits at the base of the spine.
    Sister river, I can elaborate in more detail in a private conversation through email, if you are interested. I have my reasons for wanting to express this type of thing in private.
    Peace

4. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    pure consciousness & self-realization
    are two different 'things' from my perception.

Most Gods and Goddesses consider pure consciousness as undefinable.

(The Gods don't need no stinking poll to know such things,
    thats 'self realization' :lol: :lol: :lol:)

5. Sen - Res

United States
    Self-employed Herbalist
    Ratings:
    +67
    The Infinite and the finite are one in the same, the only difference is the main point of perspective. God realization and self realization are one in the same. It is not being in the Light, it is being the Light. It is not seeing the face of God, it is being the face of God. I agreed with you that it is undefinable, I said it could be experienced.

6. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    yes pure conciousness exists

Taking the concious mind away from the physical body:

It's like watching a movie. Your "mind" is experiencing by "watching" as ur mind is part of the show, but u physically are not

u can experience it when u close ur eyes by seeing the scenes over in ur imagination

a movie is a projection

"GOD" or "PURE CONCIOUSNESS" is the projector, watching the show, the possibilities...

Consider this perspective:

All is pure conciousness

We are creating within creation, meaning

consider GOD a pregnant woman, consider reality GOD watching/feeling from the womb this illusion

we are preparing to be born independent of the womb

and the blackman is "god" in GOD's "time"

within the womb yes, one can master to use the "power of GOD" if u will

the lights are even on (the sun is the "center" of the universe and what sun stays in the womb for eternity)

I'm GOD's child, waiting to be born unto myself

GOD's watching the show and already knows, everything we do

"chosen" means u lend ur eyes to GOD within her womb to watch the show

because her god is in physical form and she'd like to see him

the problem is we think we are preparing for GOD, but GOD is preparing for us

7. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    hello my sister,let me say if i may that i always enjoy your post because they are thought provoking now as for my views on this topic i believe that pure conscious thought comes from the soul perhaps this is the basis for the belief that upon death the soul leaves the body and never dies and perhaps the only time when we are in touch with pure consciousness is when we dream,well that's my penny's worth on the subject...good stuff sister river.

8. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Brotha Sen-Res, thanks for sharing with us. If you have further information that I might find useful I am sure others will find it useful as well. Some will and some will not. There is no reason for you to single me out since you don't know me any more than you know anyone else.

9. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    When we dream

And an interesting penny it is too. Thanks oldiesman

10. Sen - Res

United States
    Self-employed Herbalist
    Ratings:
    +67
    I hear you Sister River, it is something that Iam working out with in my self.