Pan Africanism : Does Pan-Africanism Work?

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by sinoping, Jan 3, 2005.

1. sinoping

sinoping Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    please pardon my ignorance and correct me if I say something wrong :kiss:

Africa is a great continent with diverse cultures. I think we shouldn't disregard the difference between different African cultures and just call everyone African. I know some racist whites don't care, but the brothers and sisters should be very conscious on this issue. I agree that African nations and tribes and peoples should work together, but we shoould still celebrate their individual, unique cultures. Also, historically, there was no single African country/kingdom that united WHOLE Africa into one entity. Most of the time, the continent remained fractious with tribes fighting each other, even today. So I don't think "Pan-Africanism" will be very appealing to the peoples and countries in Africa.

Just a thought. :)

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Whether one is Ashanti, Bubi, Bushmen, Chewa, Duruma, Fulani, Hutu, Ibo, Iteso, KhoiKhoi, Kikuyu, Malinke, Masai, Ndebele, Soninke, Tswana, Tutsis, Wolof, Xhosa, Yoruba, or Zulu...are not all African? PanAfricanism doesn't ask those of African descent to ignore their individual culture, it requires them to concentrate on what they share in common with other African descendants. The diversity of Africans with Africa & in the Diaspora is well documented and celebrated. However using this diversity as a reason to stay segregated is detrimental to the advancement of Africans people. It is the reason why other peoples are progressing more rapidly than Africans.

3. sinoping

sinoping Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I see your points now. Thank you for your explanation. :eek:

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Without the education and at least "One" universal language among our people, the "pan" in "Africanism" will not work.

5. Emeka

Emeka Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Pan-Africanism has not and shall never work!!! Black people can not unite based on the mere fact of their common African ancestry. There are only two things which can possibly unite Blacks: That is, their very blood; and uniting against all those who do not share that blood.

6. sinoping

sinoping Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    So is that a racial ideology?

7. Emeka

Emeka Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    No, it is a racial truth.

8. sinoping

sinoping Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    but many African tribes share the same blood but practice different cultures. How can they ever unite?

9. Emeka

Emeka Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I am not talking about ethnic (I dislike the term "tribe") blood; I'm speaking of racial blood.

10. Kwango_Likemba

Kwango_Likemba Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    Hotep brother or sister Sinoping! I am a Congolese African, I call tell you that throughout the Motherland we African people experience no "tribalism" if it's not the fault of the covert operations of westerns powers which are aimed to mount us against each other. You see the easiest way for them to plunder the immense natural wealth of our continent, and profit from African human labor was to part our Motherland at the Berlin Conference of 1884. They odiously denied the sovereignty of our rulers, and spread terror the continent over, if necessary killing a large-scale of our peoples for capitalist profits.. The most famous instances are: they mount Hutu against Tutsis, Tutsis Rwandans against Bantu Congolese, the MPLA Angola against UNITA Angola then they support these ethnic turmoil and civil wars with their military and intelligence agencies. Their destabilization schemes allow them to obtain powerful gains. So you need to know that continental Africans never were “tribalists” before the European invasions and exploitation, not at all before the XV Century. To suggest otherwise excuses racist and stereotypical representation of our peoples.

K.L