Black People : Does "No String please" on youtube make black women look bad

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by raheem934, Aug 3, 2013.

1. raheem934

raheem934 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +14
  2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    You link doesn't work, so I went directly to YouTube and watched the first episode (9 minute video). I have NO idea why you ask if this video makes black women look bad when clearly it does no such thing. :thinking:

At any rate, if this does come on the air, I predict it will have ONE showing and no one will watch it again. I was squirming in my seat by the 4 minute mark.

The opening, with her getting the NS tattoo was excellent (i.e., it was "catchy" - caught my attention, made me wonder about the character). After that, it was all down hill..... straight down hill!

4 minutes of listening to the lead's voice-over as she meandered through the streets (seemingly ONE street) of Brooklyn. Her voice was not particularly attractive, and what she had to say was irrelevant, i.e., I didn't care, wished she'd shut up! and something at least mildly interesting would come on the screen.

Ole girl is an amateur thespian. When she did FINALLY interact (at about the 5 minute mark!) with her "roomie," another amateur, both chewing the scenery with those ridiculous faces they kept making, I was stunned at how bad the acting really was! Competent actresses could have made something of the roomie being a germ-freak. They just made me sigh. Oh! Plus I didn't believe them (as characters and especially as having roomed together in college. There was no sympatico between them).

I doubt if anyone will sit through 5 minutes of the film/series the video condenses. By minute 2, channels all over America will switch.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    lol Sister Kadijah ... what a great review ... :toast: ... it was more entertaining than the trailer i watched ... :lol:

lol @ your review ... it's hard for me to add anything! :)

i agree that it doesn't make black women look bad ... it just makes her look krazee ... :lol:

the trailer i saw had her look'n like she was fall'n in love (kissing) in an alley !!!! ... :eeek: ... what da hizzle?!

i only had a 2 minute video ... and couldn't hardly wait for it to be over

hmmmm ... this skinny light skinned ambiguous raced chick is fight'n dark black men in alleys ... ??

yeah rite

:heart:

Destee

ps ... oh yeah ... here's what i saw :

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
  5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I'm laughing at Destee's post and "feeling" NNQueen's!

Destee, I checked out your 2 minute video. All I could do was go, "What? Huh?" :huh: I don't want anyone to get discouraged in their dream (NNQueen's :SuN037: ), but seriously! I couldn't pull all those disparate scenes and images together.

It just didn't make sense to me. The wild hair, then the sleek pulled-back look, then the baseball cap in the alley (a twentysomething smooching in the alley? Tacky.

The only believable character in both videos was the tattoo guy. The lead character, her actions, everything was all over the place! Whomever wrote the screenplay seems to trying to appeal to EVERYBODY, to every strata of black society. Too many 'types' were put into one character.... played by a sistah who is not a polished actor. :10500:

I think we're in agreement at least about one thing - 2 minutes and the channels will switch!

6. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    That trailer . . . confusing . . . she seems to be an alcoholic, a mugger, and a psychopath.

Wasn't she kissing the same dude she was later fighting and wasn't that same dude the one who didn't know her name?

Waste of time.