Black Relationships : Does Marriage involve a contactual right to...

interesting, care to explain
I thought you would never ask! When romantic love, a European concept, first came on the scene it was thought to be a sure sign of madness! Smile A precarious foundation on which to base marriage, the most important institution of human societies. Most human behavior is taught and learned. So to is love, an emotion, a feeling. Consequently, the saying that "you can't help who you love" is nonsensical. E.g., shame , another emotion, is taught when you tell someone "you shouldn't feel that way", or "you should be ashamed of yourself". You are thereby teaching an emotion, a feeling. As unpredictable and inconsistent as emotions are, what sense does it make to base a marriage on an emotion, a feeling?! "Make up, to break up, that's all we do, first you love me, than you hate me, that's a game for fools"! Hate to is an emotion. "The chills run up my spine, I can't get him out of my mind, I can't eat, I can't sleep", so I must be in love! Hahaha Sheer insanity!!!

I thought you would never ask! When romantic love, a European concept, first came on the scene it was thought to be a sure sign of madness! Smile A precarious foundation on which to base marriage, the most important institution of human societies. Most human behavior is taught and learned. So to is love, an emotion, a feeling. Consequently, the saying that "you can't help who you love" is nonsensical. E.g., shame , another emotion, is taught when you tell someone "you shouldn't feel that way", or "you should be ashamed of yourself". You are thereby teaching an emotion, a feeling. As unpredictable and inconsistent as emotions are, what sense does it make to base a marriage on an emotion, a feeling?! "Make up, to break up, that's all we do, first you love me, than you hate me, that's a game for fools"! Hate to is an emotion. "The chills run up my spine, I can't get him out of my mind, I can't eat, I can't sleep", so I must be in love! Hahaha Sheer insanity!!!
I heard what you said... But should in your view should marriage be based on? After all I am sure that emotions of some type were involved either way. The word "like" comes to mind first. What then say you?

I heard what you said... But should in your view should marriage be based on? After all I am sure that emotions of some type were involved either way. The word "like" comes to mind first. What then say you?
Other cultures based marriage on mutual commonalities and respect! People can grow to love others whom they respect, and grow to love and trust them!

in your view what is mutual commonalities? I understand respect. It's those words that I am wanting to hear about when it comes to marriage.
Ideology first and foremost, which is defined as a collection of ideas and beliefs that one lives by! A religious person and a non-religious person, would have a hard time seeing eye to eye on things! So would a couch potato and an exercise enthusiast! Sex of and in itself won't sustain a marriage!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back