Black Teenagers : Does it) change?? (read)

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by 4g0tt3n_Canc3r, Mar 14, 2007.

1. 4g0tt3n_Canc3r

4g0tt3n_Canc3r Well-Known Member MEMBER

i work at Elmwood Park Zoo and Chuck E Cheese and
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm going off to college in a few months and i just want to know if it is in any way different from high school. The childish games and pointless fights. I am beyond ready to leave this enviroment. But i also am afraid for my younger siblings and i feel as though if i leave they will become entangled in the same web that so many young people are trapped in. If anyone has an idea of if life changes after highschool, i would love to hear it.

2. Eisha

Eisha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +6
    From high school to college, there are some things that change. Let me talk about the positive things. Unlike high school, you can pick and choose whatever classes you wanna take, and the times you wish to take them. It could early in the mourning or late at night. You can give yourself to work or even do other activities such as hanging with friends or extra-curricular like sports and clubs. However, the workload is a little more than back in high school. Teachers are not as demanding, the responsibilty for getting the work done and attending class solely falls on you. The good thing is that most teachers give out syllabi of what will be cover in the semester; this gives you the opportunity to read ahead and even do some of the assignments from the book for applications. For everyone, they have a different experience going to college. Studying habits, activities and even those in different majors have a different outlook on college. As fowards horse playing and childish games, there are few that still do it but it dont be as much as it is in high school. more people focus on studying, class and work than that. I found out that as you get more into your major, the smaller the classes get. Like orientation class may be like 30 plus people in class. As I got more into my class and major, the classroom size got larger. Like right now, I am in a class with only 7or 8 people!!! For me, it was not as difficult from high school to college because I already knew what was expected. I had alot of responsibilities and priorities to do. Even though the high school I went to was college prep, it still was a differenece. I missed alot of my friends that I went to high school with and tried to keep contact through email and phone. In addition, I also made new friends in college. Right now, I am majoring in Computer Science and is looking to graduate by this upcoming Fall. I am really excited. I am going to miss the school though, like high school.

I am not sure if I have answered your question. Like I said, everyone has a different perspective of what happens in college. Good luck with everything.