Black People : Does Everything at Destee.com Have to Be Black and White?

I have seen post that suggest certain problems and issue with black folks are due to white supremacy. I can't put links right off hand. I know that alot of problems with black folks are directly linked with white folks, but not all. Some of our biggest problems are just bad judgement and lack of pride. Still, people feel the need to point the finger at the white man with every issue.

MANASIAC said:
Thats all fine and dandy.

But every issue is not a white issue. There are some folks that believe that and some who don't.

I'm not suggesting that every issue is a white issue ... i'm just saying that when one group of people have sadisticly, terroristcly, imposed a way of thinking, living, acting, speaking, walking, talking, EVERYTHING on another group of people ... for HUNDREDS of years ... and those people have only been "released" for a few years, in all actuality still not free of that oppression ... still trying to undo the conditioning that took place, still trying to find themselves and perhaps where they might be if all those HUNDREDS of years of mistreatment hadn't taken place, still dealing with the systemic constraints put on them like no other ... it does not surprise me that they would associate most all things in their lives with these oppressors. How can they not? Are you suggesting that you are free of this conditioning and experiencing life as a White man, even though you're Black? I mean, that you have full access to all things, as he does? And if not, when does it cross your mind that you are oppressed? When does it manifest itself in you? Are you suggesting that the rest of us should only manifest this attempt at mass destruction at the same times you manifest it? We are not entitled to deal with it as we see fit, just as you are?

If you are free from it i am happy for you and wish that you would help the rest of us live like White Folk live, yet have Black skin.

:heart:

Destee

kente417mojo said:
ISome of our biggest problems are just bad judgement and lack of pride. Still, people feel the need to point the finger at the white man with every issue.

Brother Kente ... are you comparing our bad judgement to the judgement of White folk? If so, does not the fact that they've had HUNDREDS of years to perfect, pass down, and practice the ability to make decisions and judgements come into your equation, that we (some of us) have bad judgement? Do you think our abilities would be better, our decision making processes, our ability to be judges of our own lives and those around us, would be better if the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to do these things were not taken from generation, after generation, after generation, after generation, after generation of our people? Surely we'd be better at it if our right to do it had not been taken by White folk. Likewise, after HUNDREDS of years of being told (by White folk) that you are the worst, the bottom of the barrel, fit for nothing right or proper, and treated likewise, you expect for one's pride to be left intact?

Sure, some of us are "more healed" than others, some have had benefit of loving and nurturing families that taught them to excel, be proud of themselves, etc., but even they are not where they'd be if they would have had generation, after generation, after generation, after generation, of this kind of interaction passed on to them.

I don't see why some folk believe that we can experience HUNDREDS of years of mistreatment and be completely healed in just a few.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Brother Kente ... are you comparing our bad judgement to the judgement of White folk? If so, does not the fact that they've had HUNDREDS of years to perfect, pass down, and practice the ability to make decisions and judgements come into your equation, that we (some of us) have bad judgement? Do you think our abilities would be better, our decision making processes, our ability to be judges of our own lives and those around us, would be better if the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to do these things were not taken from generation, after generation, after generation, after generation, after generation of our people? Surely we'd be better at it if our right to do it had not been taken by White folk. Likewise, after HUNDREDS of years of being told (by White folk) that you are the worst, the bottom of the barrel, fit for nothing right or proper, and treated likewise, you expect for one's pride to be left intact?

No, see that's the thing. I'm not comparing black and white. I'm looking at what we as black people do wrong. Example: If a black youth spray paints something on the wall and gets caught, there are black folks that will call that rebellion against "whitey". He's spray painting because he lashing out against his oppressor. That's just bad judgement justified by the race card. There was another thread that started up a couple of day ago that suggested that a white woman dated a black man just to piss off a black friend of hers. There was no evidence of this conspiracy, but someone felt the need to make it a black woman vs. white woman thing.

We have to look at ourselves once in a while. Our lack of pride and judgement has as much to do with us as white supremacy. If we always look at another when we make mistakes we'll never get anywhere. Everything bad does not come from "whitey". We don't have to make fools of ourselves on television for a dollar. That's our lack of pride. We don't have to dress like morons because we see music videos. That's our bad judgement. We don't have to look down on education and morals. For some reason people think living a lie and trying to make it seem like white people control our every function is the way to uplift black people. All that does is make it seem like we are too stupid to see what's going on and change for the better. Even though a lot of our problems are products of white supremacy...it's our bad if we let it over take us and self-destruct.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back