Black People : Does Everything at Destee.com Have to Be Black and White?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MANASIAC, Oct 27, 2004.

1. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hello Fam,

I just wanted to ask the family this question of, why does everything have to be black and white?

Sometimes it gets pretty annoying when folks try to bring race in discussions which race have no prevelance.

Whats yall take?

Remember, I am talking about discussions which have no basis for race, but race gets involved in them.

PLEASE LETS TRY TO STAY ON TOPIC!

YOU WILL RECEIEVE BONUS POINTS IF YOU CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION IN A SIMPLE FASHION, AND NOT WITH A 4 PAGE NOVEL OF REGURIGATED CONVOLUTED INTELLECTUAL ANALYSIS.

I always felt like the human who could communicate jargon and intelligence in a simple form is a real winner :)

Manasiac :uzi:

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother MANASIAC ... you say you are talking about discussions which have no basis for race, but race gets involved in them ... do you have a few examples to share with us (links to those discussions) so we can evaluate mo' betta how race was introduced into the non-racial discussion?

:heart:

Destee

3. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Sure Destee:

Lets say you create a thread entitled, why do Sisters where Mac Makeup.

Usually you will get a few responses that will elucidate about how the white man uses make up to enslave us or blah blah blah.

Ya feel me?

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I agree. There are time when race plays an important role in something...but not everything. Of course race is a part of life and some people use race to determine their every move and motive in life, but not all people do that. I think people like to use race as a crutch when they simply don't have any other answers. Unfortunately, this country is built on racist thoughts and feelings, but as individuals we need to have common sense and look at situations for what they are before we elect to play the race card.

5. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    This guy gets 100 Bonus Points! If it can all be so simple baby (Singing Wu tang)

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
  8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Everything about Destee.com doesn't have to be about black and white but everything about Destee.com is whatever its members feel is important to them and many times what that looks like is black and white.

I know Brother Manasiac, I probably fall in the following category and won't earn any bonus points! *sigh*

Queenie :spinstar:

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother MANASIAC ... this is a "Black - African American" community ... it is here for us to come together and discuss issues that we face in particular, so naturally the majority of the topics are going to be about "Black Folk" and unfortunately very little of our existence has been free of White influence and the racial prejudices they put upon us. I think it's quite natural for such discussions to take place here.

At the same time, we have many threads that never mention White folk. What comes to mind in particular is the thread "have you (men) ever received flowers from a woman." I don't remember that turning into a "Black / White" thing.

I think you are exaggerating to suggest that every topic here goes that way. I asked for specific examples of your claim, yet you've not provided any. Therefore my response is a general one. If you'd like me to speak to specific instances of how some threads take that turn, you're really going to have to show them to me. Otherwise, your claim that we always introduce "the White man enslaved us" is not true, or at best, has not been proven.

:heart:

Destee

Edit / Addition ... now that you've provided an example Brother MANASIAC ... that thread you linked to above, did have something to do with "Black / White" even though you may not be aware of it. Some of those "possible violations" happened in threads where Black / White folk were being discussed. So when someone responded, they knew the particular instances that i was speaking of, even though i never called any one's name or made reference to the exact situation. While indrect, Black / White was relevant to that discussion. Do you have another example to provide?