Black Spirituality Religion : Does Christianity Breed Evil?

i am not a christian. however i don't think it does us any good to condemn one persons' belief.
we can spend our time fighting or we can spend our time figuring out how to work together.

christians ain't perfect? newsflash, ain't none of us or our beliefs perfect.

Yes this is true but none of them condemn the unborn or nonsubscribers as sinners and doomed to death before they have done anything.

Are you positively sure about that?

Are you absolutely certain that no other spiritual belief in the world has a mythology that, in some way, contains a similar concept of evil/sin?

If your answer is "yes," then I suggest you also do some further study in "comparative world religions."

.....In particular, you can start with Hinduism: Vedas, Veruna, Upanishads, Kharma, Reincarnations...

Just my take on this. I have been Christian since the day I can remember, first Baptist and now an Israelite. I remember going to class on Sunday and Wednesday for service. I can remember going to "vacation" bible school in the summer...i loved all the snacks. That being said, I strayed away when I left home, I went away to the Navy when I was 17. If it wasn't for what I had learned I would have been way worse. Now as an adult, I know better, I still have my days, but it has led me to be better. It is all about the person, because we can get information and then decide what we want to do with it. That is the key, we receive information and then we decide what we want to do with it. We can use it to batter and abuse others, or we can use it to truly understand the human condition. It is up to that person.

nothing like that old "Jewish" guilt to plague and condemn humanity for some crap they werent around to even witness.

"Jewish guilt" for what??

Again, I suggest you do some further study.

Judaism does not embrace/teach "original sin."

It uses Deut. 30:14 for its basis.

However, Paul, in Rom. 5 and Rom. 10 speaks of Adam's sin and death.....and salvation through Christ.

The argument lies in translations of Hebrew in tenses... present versus future, permanent versus prophecy.....and in context....In Deut. 30, Moses is talking to Israel about their inheritance of Promised Land...not about salvation or righteousness.

But since Judaism does not acknowledge Yeshua as the Messiah, that also explains the argument between these two religions.

Luke 24:
[27] And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

John 1:
[45] Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

John 5:
[46] For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
[47] But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Acts 7:
[37] This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

Deut. 18:
[15] The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
[18] I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
[19] And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Just to even the playing field, Islam also goes by the story of Adam and Eve in the Qu'ran so the same could be said of them,...

Yes, Adam and Eve are in the Quran; but are you sure that Islam believes in "original sin?"

Surah 6:

164. Say: "Shall I seek for (my) Cherisher other than Allah, when He is the Cherisher of all things (that exist)? Every soul draws the meed of its acts on none but itself: no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another. Your goal in the end is towards Allah. He will tell you the truth of the things wherein ye disputed."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back