Black Spirituality Religion : Does Christianity Breed Evil?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Therious, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    If a person especially a young person is tought the story of Adam and Eve , that Is that we are natural " sinners". how does that affect that persons state if mind? I have noticed something common with Christians , that commality is that they are often some of the rudest,conniving people you will meet. My theory is most Christians are convinced that no matter what they go, "God" Will Forgive Them. I think that this is a major flaw in Christianity.

2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    uh oh..

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Where in history can we find a MALE BASED society or structure that's peaceful, productive, spiritual, creative, inspiring and worthy of people saying; "I want to be like that ?"...or "I want to live like that ?"

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

Just to even the playing field, Islam also goes by the story of Adam and Eve in the Qu'ran so the same could be said of them, as well as the disdain for woman because of what eve supposedly did. This is the story that is used by the religious to keep women 'in their place', so to speak.

5. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    Yea I remember when they came with that you need to repent, you're a sinner. I said dang what did I do? I'm only 8 years old.

I don't think christianity breeds evil. But it's a perfect place for a person to hide evil and take advantage of it and people whose hearts are in the right place.

This is true. Though you can't generalize because all sectors of life have rude and conniving people, yes we just expect more from a person who claims religion.

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Aside from the 3 Abrahamic faiths, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, I would venture to say that all world religions contain some concept of "evil" and "redemption/salvation" in their doctrines/beliefs.

In Taoism, there is "Yin" (negative) and "Yang" (positive).

In Shinto, there are rituals to keep away "evil spirits" through prayer, purification and offerings to their gods called "Kami."

In Hinduism, there is "Asura," an evil spirit, which is a part of a lower plane called "Naraka." ----And in Hindu, an "Asura" is not eternally evil but can change to good.

In Buddhism, the chief god of demons is called "Mara" which symbolizes the "desires" which hinder Man.

In Zoroastrianism, life is a battle between "Ahura Mazda" (good) and "Angra Mainyu" (evil).

....Now, of course, this is not an exhaustive look at these beliefs; but if you're really interested in this concept, some further study into "comparative world religions" would give you a better understanding of how "evil" and "forgiveness/redemption/salvation" are viewed outside of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Moreover, I'm sure others here can tell you about some aspects of "good" and "evil" in ATR in Africa, Brazil and other places.

...There are many others here who can tell you about "good" and "evil" in/among: Obeah, Orishas, Candomble, Santeria, etc..

....more about gods like "Obatala" and "Xango"

....and the rituals observed to counter "evil spirits."

7. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    Cute and informative. But this is about the one that was beaten into our ancestors and continues the mind control 'til this day.

8. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Yes this is true but none of them condemn the unborn or nonsubscribers as sinners and doomed to death before they have done anything.

9. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    nothing like that old "Jewish" guilt to plague and condemn humanity for some crap they werent around to even witness.

10. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    EXCELLENT POINT!!!!!!!!!!

You not in my fav 5 for nuthin'