Black People : Does black only refer to Africans/African Americans?

ManicRaider

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 15, 2011
I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos about a debate on who is considered black and who isn't. Some people say that just because someone has dark skin, that does not make them black. But I'm not sure what this means. Are they saying because they grew up in Cuba or Jamaica that makes them not-black?

P.S. - Sorry if this question seems stupid but I really need to get some perspective on this because it seems like some people are trying to disassociate themselves with the term 'black'.

There are Black people in Africa, the U.S., the Caribbean, Australia, some areas of Asia and Europe, and in other places around the globe. Physical locale alone doesn't dictate what is or is not blackness. That issue is partially genetic and partially psychological. The question may not be about blackness but about melanin; just because a person has a significant amount of melanin doesn't mean he or she is black. As for as the dissociation issue, that's all about the agenda to confuse Black folks out of power and existence---nothing new.

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos about a debate on who is considered black and who isn't. Some people say that just because someone has dark skin, that does not make them black. But I'm not sure what this means. Are they saying because they grew up in Cuba or Jamaica that makes them not-black?

P.S. - Sorry if this question seems stupid but I really need to get some perspective on this because it seems like some people are trying to disassociate themselves with the term 'black'.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back