Black People : does anyone take the news seriously???

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Therious, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    im noticing that more and more channels like cnn, msnbc, fox news r phony. i have always known this but ever since the war ive been paying much closer attention. these people r a joken 2 me. every few months they come out with some scare tactic about the next "terrorist" attack. they r continuously reporting stats and lies to degrade blk people . but it seems since 911 they have gotten down right blatant with the lies and racism, its like 911 gave them an exuse to b wht with no shame. the news media is a bunch of lies and liars, i take nothing they serious. yes i am fully aware that media is the racists weapon, to make them selves look inocent.

peace world

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Black Americans need to move silent, move deep. We need to establish now a better position during these times of uncertainty. It has been dificult removing the stima of being classified into a lower social rank. We still have a long way to progress. It was believed we lacked the capacity to observe accurately.

Do you believe this exist still?

I don't belive this to be 100% true, but there is a hint of truth I can't get my finger on right now in detail.

Do we go day to day, without preparing for the winter of life ( those times when we are being attacked, our rights further erroded, tolerating police brutality and not eliminating it, but hoping those responsible for our so called protections would do something about it, or will stop abusing us ) , not take things serious enough? Observing things that happen in the news all around us, and doing what is necessary to keep our desires at the forefront of this great land.

There is a easy, laid back trait we have about taking things serious. How does this play into many not taking the news serious?

I take the news seriously. I do weed out the nonsense, and listen for the message. Be it for or against us. Each report gives bits and pieces that can be put together to get a picture of what is currently going on.

What doesn't happen is there is no reporting of serious misappropriations of our money. Government officials are immune and protected. Congress and others often break the law and get away with it, because of how they structured protections into the system. They do mislead and lie to us as you have stated.

This whole terror thing is vague. Everyone is suspect, and my fear is we are and will continue to loose freedoms. Currently a few buildings are being protected across the United States. But just like the practice played by Americans for years, against Blacks and Native Americans terrorist have officials looking at the left hand, while the right hand is working on a :driveby: attack on the right.

I have thought about this at least once. I can imagine how slaves felt when they were being terrorized in the 1800's. Todays climate only proves terror of any kind shouldn't be practiced. I'm not loosing any sleep over this thing. I have accepted Jesus. So I'm at peace.

America I believe after this will be a better place to live. Fear was used and lies were told about us from day one.

Orange level, Red level. They want us to go about our business, and not let the terror threat affect our daily routine. But it does. This is also a way to promote keeping the current administration in office. A war, or other fears gets americans herded like cattle. When Americans get scared they often exhibit more racist attitudes, and make strong get tough comments as you stated in your post. After the election and Kerry is in the white house, things will calm down. Racist levels always go up when Republicans are in office.

3. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    HODEE ASKED;

DO WE LACK CAPACITY TO OBSERVE ACCURATELY?

NO I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE. I BELIEVE MOST BLKS IN THE US OR ABROAD LIVE BY FAITH. MEANING IM NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE HATERS OR THE RACISTS OR PSCHOPATHS CAUSE EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT.I GUESS IN A WAY SAYING I REFUSE TO WASTE MY TIME & ENERGY ON WHAT THESE WHT FOLKS R DOING OR PLANNING, SOMETIMES MANY BLACKS LIVE TO ENJOY THE MOMENT TO THE FULLEST, THIS IS IN ESSENCE LIVING WITH OUT FEAR. WHAT IS LIVING WITH FEAR? IS THAT NOT THE EOROPEANS WAY OF LIFE|? THEY FEAR LOSS OF CONTROL SO THEY MURDER, RAPE (PEOPLE AND LAND) , AND CREATE DESTRUCTIVE DEMONIC WEAPONS.

I HAVE HEARD BLK HISTORIANS CRITICIZE OUR SO CALLED LACK OF CONCERN FOR THE FUTURE, I DNT THINK THIS CRITICISM IS ENTIRELY ACCURATE FOR THE REASONS FORE MENTIONED. ALTHOUGH I UNDERSTAND WHERE THEIR COMING FROM.

I DO AGREE WITH YOU ONE SHOULD OBSERVE THE NEWS AS I DO OFTEN, EVEN WITH THE PROPAGANDA, BOGUS RHETORIC, AND LIES THERE IS USEFUL INFO, LIKE U SAID U MUST WEED OUT THE REAL FROM THE FALSE.

4. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Well said Therious...

5. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    i grew up all my life watching tv... everyone having they own tv in thier room.... and then my fam used ot always watch the news together....and my peoples still do dat.. but ever since i went to college .. the television has became a thot of my past...when i came home form school my mom asked if i wanted a tv in my room and i told her no.. i watch tv if i walk by the living room and somin good on.. or ill catch a glimps of the news.. i might sound crazy but the tv aint nuttin but a way to influence and brainwash us jus like wat written in books in schools..

6. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    I know what u mean Daroc. I spent six mionths without watching TV during college. I had to stay with a friend on campus, and he didn't believe in or have a TV. Even that short period gives u the same perpective. You realize just how much time u waste.

7. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I try really really hard not to watch much news.

I watch it in the morning to catch up with what ever happened overnight, but the primary reason is for the weather. If anything related to the war comes on or if Bush comes on the t.v., I turn the channel.