Black Entertainment : does anyone listen to jazz?

Sure I do.

jamesfrmphilly said:
it seems as though the young people have no use for instrumental music.
how sad.

Sir I checked you profile and a thread telling you age so the jazz you probably listen to is not the same as today's evolved more mellow jazz. One of the members of my church is a homie of mine and he's about your age. One of this things he says about the Jazz of today is there's no "throwing down" in the musical. I thought that was funny. But just to let you know I feel you, I grew up and still listen to artist like Miles or Trane or Dizzy. I also feel that Monk was a musical genius way ahead of his time. Trane and Miles without a shadow of a doubt are my favorite. I also dig Eddie Harris and Dave Brubek. Let's not forget Bird and Cannoball Adderly. I could name probably a 100 jazz artists that I enjoy but being for Chicago there will always be a special place in my heart for the blues, especially Muddy Waters. That's another post though.

Peace

Radical Faith

Radical Faith said:
Sir I checked you profile and a thread telling you age so the jazz you probably listen to is not the same as today's evolved more mellow jazz
wrong, i listen to everything.

i am worried that the young people and the people on this site have no appreciation for instrumental music.
i have never seem an instrumental on BET.

what does that say about the level of sophistication and intelligence and education of a group of people who are unable to appreciate the concept of instrumental music?

i have serious doubts about someone who can do nothing but shake their booty.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back