Black Entertainment : Does anyone know what song this is?

I hear James Brown and Parliament all through most of the song, especially the music, however the part he was asking about that played from 1:54 - 2:04, still sounds like a little of Black Sheep - It's Your Choice, especially at 1:03 of Black Sheeps video when they start repeating, "You Can Deal With This, or You Can Deal With That". To show how little I paid a attention to rap, I thought that was the name of the song.

It sound like he also copied a little of the style from Roxanne Roxanne by UTFO. It sounds like they all used to copy a little rhythm from James Brown, Parliament, and even DC's Go-Go beat. Coming from the DMV, we also called it the DC Groove, the DC Beat, then Chuck Brown sealed the deal with Go-Go, the one who started the beat it in the first place.

You know it's something how the older generation can easily see were Rap copied from R&B. Then at the same time, the generation before mine could see were R&B copied from Ray Charles ect...,which most in my generation couldn't.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back