Black Spirituality Religion : DOES ANYONE HERE WEAR SOMETHING?

SAMURAI36

BANNED
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
Does anyone who considers themselves spiritual, religious, or otherwise, wear any sort of charm, artifact, symbol, etc to express their faith/philosophy/belief/culture?

If so, please share with us what it is, and what it means to you, and any history/background about it.

For me, it's my Silver Ankh.

I first purchased this for $5US in Egypt, during my first visit there, and I had been wearing it ever since. I have lost it a few times, only for it to find its way back to me each time.

Eventually, it broke in half (just under the wings), so I had it melted down and bonded with a stronger silver-steel mesh. I have had it ever since; almost 15 years now.

PEACE

Sekhemu

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 9, 2003
new jersey
Occupation
priest
I wear a brass, presented to me by a brother named Hru Ankh Ra (Semajh) Se Ptah, 1981 in Brooklyn New York.

I was given a Kemetin name, and was taught to never let my Ankh dull, that by keeping in shining I would be reminded was strong in spirit and strive for perfection and oneness with the creator

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
i normally wear:
an ankh ring
a yin yang ring.
a scorpio neck lace.
a red, black and green wristband.
a red, yellow and green wristband.

it's not hard to tell where i'm coming from.

PoeticManifesta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 24, 2005
Virginia Beach,Va
Occupation
Local Insurance Agent
I have a silver Ankh with gold trim.. i found it in my great aunts jewelry box.. she died before i was born but ive worn it every sense.. I literally wear.. on my skin that is The Eye of Ra... on my wrist.. i carved this in at 14.. and had it prefesionally tuched up 2 years ago.. the ra... is a reminder there is no pleasure w/o pain.. no light without dark.. the Ankh.. or course is sortas as a tribute to a great woman i never knew.. and my life strength and overall health... and the ability to overcome.. becasue she wasnt able to!

SAMURAI36 said:
Does anyone who considers themselves spiritual, religious, or otherwise, wear any sort of charm, artifact, symbol, etc to express their faith/philosophy/belief/culture?

If so, please share with us what it is, and what it means to you, and any history/background about it.

For me, it's my Silver Ankh.

I first purchased this for $5US in Egypt, during my first visit there, and I had been wearing it ever since. I have lost it a few times, only for it to find its way back to me each time.

Eventually, it broke in half (just under the wings), so I had it melted down and bonded with a stronger silver-steel mesh. I have had it ever since; almost 15 years now.

PEACE

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days