Does anyone here practice yoga?

diakonos said:
Last week was my first full week trying it. I really enjoyed doing it, so I think I will continue doing it for a while. I was reluctant to try it at first because it looked so easy to do on TV. Compared to Tae-Bo, which I used to do a lot, it just looked like a bunch of stretching and meditating. Let me tell right now, it is not easy to do. 20 minutes into my first workout, I was sweating like a hog. I taped the morning showing of Inhale (Steve Ross is the Yoga instructor) on the Oxygen Channel each morning. After work, I did 30 of cardio in the gym. At night I did Yoga, before I went to sleep. If I continue to do that for a while, I figure I should become a very toned person.

Omowalejabali,

How does Yoga compare to Tai Chi?

Yoga actually is more strenuous and helps to open the Chakra centers. Tai Chi involves movement that is more in the form of a martial art that helps to channel the energy one the centers are open. I used to do a combination of both on alternating days and also meditation on a daily basis which can be for as little as 5 minutes to "cool down".

Combined with a routine of walking, weight-lifting, cycling and/or swimming a few times a week can be very beneficial in tining the body, losing weight and controlling hypertension. Unfortunately, Im inconsistent.

Tantrum said:
I say this
I dont think those type of workouts work
I feel like traditional cardio is best
I think with the right trainer
The right diet you will do fine
But do what works best for you
Hope you find success

Yoga has worked for Taoists in the Orient for thousands of years. In Los Angeles, I knew elder Chinese and Koreans who would get up early and work out in a local park as a group doing Tai Chi and later Badminton and they were some of the most fit older people I know.

Yoga can be combined with weight training and cardio. I used to belong to a gym where I took boxing classes and yoga was one of the favorite classes by folks who would also do weight lifting and/or aerobics.

All forms of meditation, exercise and martial arts are beneficial to developing one's energy and overall appearance.

omowalejabali said:
Yoga has worked for Taoists in the Orient for thousands of years. In Los Angeles, I knew elder Chinese and Koreans who would get up early and work out in a local park as a group doing Tai Chi and later Badminton and they were some of the most fit older people I know.

Yoga can be combined with weight training and cardio. I used to belong to a gym where I took boxing classes and yoga was one of the favorite classes by folks who would also do weight lifting and/or aerobics.

All forms of meditation, exercise and martial arts are beneficial to developing one's energy and overall appearance.

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Philosophy/Taichi/tao-chi.html

diakonos said:
I just started myself. Who else does it? Let's discuss it.
On the internet there are articles on "Taoist Yoga and Qi Gong"

Taoist Yoga is a form originated by the Chinese but it has also been developed by the Japanese in the practice of Reiki, a system of Energy Healing.

I have numerous books on these related "arts" but I have not gotten my library together yet since relocating to Texas. I will get back to you later and share some information as this gives me extra incentive to get back to my program.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back