Black Entertainment : DOES ANYONE HERE LIKE TRUE HIP-HOP?

the middle school........

:wchair: Well as a lover of true hip-hop...i gotta say that ive sorta lost enthusiasm for the art form......i love the underground stuff, but black radio in Philly only pumps the garbage (bling, gangsta, crunk)..........Im even starting to lose faith in my heros of today........like
Black Eye Peas, who I thought at one time was innovative, now they are as commersh as Brittany Spears........even Mos Def...who I truly love as a writer, is doing commercials for GMC, like Common did for Coke, couple a years ago.........I dunno...
So Ive reverted back to Middle-School hip hop (1986-95)......im back with PE....Tribe Called Quest....X Clan.....De La Soul....Rakim.....Blastmaster KRS-1.....Big Daddy Kane and others..........
Unless someone comes up with a new formula....i see hip hop disappearing soon......peeps are already turning away from the repetitiveness of the new acts........

I Love TRUE Hip Hop Kulture!

abstract219 said:
:wchair: Well as a lover of true hip-hop...i gotta say that ive sorta lost enthusiasm for the art form......i love the underground stuff, but black radio in Philly only pumps the garbage (bling, gangsta, crunk)..........Im even starting to lose faith in my heros of today........like
Black Eye Peas, who I thought at one time was innovative, now they are as commersh as Brittany Spears........even Mos Def...who I truly love as a writer, is doing commercials for GMC, like Common did for Coke, couple a years ago.........I dunno...
So Ive reverted back to Middle-School hip hop (1986-95)......im back with PE....Tribe Called Quest....X Clan.....De La Soul....Rakim.....Blastmaster KRS-1.....Big Daddy Kane and others..........
Unless someone comes up with a new formula....i see hip hop disappearing soon......peeps are already turning away from the repetitiveness of the new acts........

Check out the new Blackalicious release entitled "The Craft".

TRUE "Undagrn" HIP HOP and ya don't Stop!

www.blackalicious.com

Sekhemu said:
lol, I'm not too sure about country rap being hip hop

nothing wrong with country grammar. Hip Hop is not limited to New York.
lt's 2 many emcees that have told you that.
The South is Hip Hop Culture like the East and The West and like the song says "everybody wanna be down with the soouuth "- Ying Yang and Trick Daddy.

there are mc's here that'll lyrically blow you off the face of this earth if you say they're not hip hop.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back